web
analytics
Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hckosice

Judo IJF World Championships 2019

Recommended Posts

Judo IJF World Championships 2019

 

JPN.gif Tokyo (JPN) - 25 August 2019 - 1 September 2019 JPN.gif

 

165644f02ujbxmx0hv2huj.jpg
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:SVK TEAM SLOVAKIA :SVK

 

 

Men

 

Matej Poliak  (-66kg)

Filip Štancel   (-81kg)

Milan Randl   (-90kg)

Peter Žilka   (-90kg)

Márius Fízeľ  (-100kg)

 

 

Only 5 mens will travel to Tokyo for the WCh this year, logical, Japan is not very close, anyway it´s the most important event in the Olympic qualifying cycle, so everything is focused mainly for our duo in the -90kg, especially Milan Randl (still holding a eventual provisional Olympic spot) hopefully he will have some luck this time and win a match or two to gain some important points for the ranking, it would be great for our country to finally have someone in a combat sport at the Olympics ! and clearly Milan s our biggest chance.

 

A special mention to Marius Fizel, he finally received his first big chance and can compete against adults and start to learn and gain experiences, our probably most talented junior currently, the second ranked in the world juniors ranking this year, apparently he had some "interesting" training camp with the Czech Olympic champion Lukáš Krpálek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the website is bad , ippon.org is much better

anyway Japan will get most of the Gold while they already have all the Olympic Quotas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Iran. Mollaei even said his family was threatened if he'd somehow face Muki. Unbelievable :( 

 

I can't understand IOC still allows Iran to compete under their own flag at the Olympics, when countries have so often been suspended for government interference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

No Iran. Mollaei even said his family was threatened if he'd somehow face Muki. Unbelievable :( 

 

I can't understand IOC still allows Iran to compete under their own flag at the Olympics, when countries have so often been suspended for government interference.

 

what the hell, where exactly he said such things ? did you call him yourself ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, MHSN said:

 

what the hell, where exactly he said such things ? did you call him yourself ?

Yes, I always WhatsApp him :p 

 

Spoiler

https://judoinside.com/news/3558/Sports_drama_Iranian_athletes_withdraw_from_World_Championships

 

Quote

Saeid Mollaei was extremely sad about the decision as he was well prepared and considered the favourite. However his family would be in danger if he would be opposed to Sagi Muki.

“I am ready all time to fight Israel but my political problems prevents because I will be in danger. Before the World Championships they told me that maybe you won’t fight during the final, or the bronze final, or maybe the whole competition. If you fight, I would be in danger.”

 

 

Edited by heywoodu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, heywoodu said:

 

I can't see the part you quoted in that link. where is the source for that specifically ?

 

the whole thing is nonsense, because Mollaei was never supposed to withdraw, it was only about Mohammadi-B. and yes they forced him to withdraw and I explained it in details here, which is still very sad, I know how much he loves Judo. (his dad died from heart attack while watching one of his matches)

 

Mollaei and his coach are in Japan for few days, so how he can give an interview about "extremely sad about the decision as he was well prepared and considered the favourite"

 

but well yeah. this is about Iran, you always can add more things to the story and make it more interesting

 

I said this so many times before, Iranian athletes can't face Israel in head to head matches. (they were in the same race in World Canoeing Champs and nobody withdrew) if they do, they will lose their place in the national team.(most probably forever) that's it. anything else is nonsense and exaggeration . and the Iranian government always award them prize money for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MHSN said:

 

I can't see the part you quoted in that link. where is the source for that specifically ?

Me neither anymore, weird. I saw it posted on a Dutch forum where the format is always the same: someone posts the link as source and the entire article, so I am 99% sure it was in that article (it's not like someone - especially the decent user who posted it there - is going to make up an entire piece in English for a Dutch forum) but for whatever reason got deleted. Now, it'd be sort of the end of a major news website (in a small sport) if they completely make up quotes, so it must have come from somewhere...

 

And yeah, I know about the head-to-head thing and stuff like cycling or shooting or other 'non head-to-head' events not being that much of a problem. Literally everything I either know or think I know about Iranian athletes, including their problems with competing against Israel, comes from your posts here :p 

 

Now apart from being sad about this situation - I'd very much like to see the world numbers one and two face off against each other even though I know it won't happen - I'm also confused about where these quotes came from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THe one Canadian who needs the most points gets the hardest draw... lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, heywoodu said:

Me neither anymore, weird. I saw it posted on a Dutch forum where the format is always the same: someone posts the link as source and the entire article, so I am 99% sure it was in that article (it's not like someone - especially the decent user who posted it there - is going to make up an entire piece in English for a Dutch forum) but for whatever reason got deleted. Now, it'd be sort of the end of a major news website (in a small sport) if they completely make up quotes, so it must have come from somewhere...

 

And yeah, I know about the head-to-head thing and stuff like cycling or shooting or other 'non head-to-head' events not being that much of a problem. Literally everything I either know or think I know about Iranian athletes, including their problems with competing against Israel, comes from your posts here :p 

 

Now apart from being sad about this situation - I'd very much like to see the world numbers one and two face off against each other even though I know it won't happen - I'm also confused about where these quotes came from.

 

I opened that link last night and it was different than current version, still that phantom interview wasn't there. still it was nonsense because the article was saying both Mollaei and Mohammadi-B are withdrawing. I don't know if they had an earlier version with that phantom interview or not. but their last night version was also total nonsense.

 

unfortunately I didn't save the last night version but I saw that myself, so if they can make up such a nonsense story about Mollaei, they can make up quotes too. I know the situation VERY WELL and threatening family and even himself was never included. since the 1979 revolution only one Iranian athlete actually faced Israel and only because he didn't know about such policy, it was only few years after the revolution and at first newspapers here even considered it a good news (beating Israel in wrestling) but when the news went to "big guys" they called the whole team back from France. and suspended the team managers. since then it never happened so nobody knows the exact penalty for "facing Israel" but I can assume it will be only expelling from the national team.

 

This is a documentary made by Al Jazeera about 3 young Iranian wrestlers, one of them had to face Israel in World Youth Champs, you can see how the doctor is telling him to withdraw. I have to say the translation is not 100% accurate but you can get the point. even though after all the didn't have to withdraw and the Israeli kid lost the match before him

 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...