website statistics

Tennis US Open 2019

Totallympics

Just now, heywoodu said:

Saw it last year. Anyone booing these athletes should be kicked out of the stadium and get a ban for the next 5 years. Losers.

Well now that’s a bit extreme. You sound like the New York Nicks CEO :mad:. What they did was wrong, but the action shouldn’t be punished with bans, especially when there are WAY more pressing issues in sports currently.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, thepharoah said:

TBH Novak has a good history of faking injuries when he isn't able to win , but that's not an excuse for the fans to boost him,  he's all the rights to do it 

but this is not fake injury. He had problem with that shoulder even at Wimbldone.

But yes, he should finish this match. 

48 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well now that’s a bit extreme. You sound like the New York Nicks CEO :mad:. What they did was wrong, but the action shouldn’t be punished with bans, especially when there are WAY more pressing issues in sports currently.

Nah, they would still be able to perfectly live their life. Literally the only consequence of their (scandalous) behaviour then would be that they wouldn't be able to visit the US Open again for a while...which seems ok since they resorted to booing one of the best players of the past 20 years anyway.

Oh well, maybe next year they'll behave, one can hope :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I thought French crowd is low-class, but they seem like a gentlemen compared to this. To boo defending champion and one of the best players in history is really classless. I thought they would be happy, Federer has clear path to the final now, and probably title.

Just now, Wanderer said:

I thought French crowd is low-class, but they seem like a gentlemen compared to this. To boo defending champion and one of the best players in history is really classless. I thought they would be happy, Federer has clear path to the final now, and probably title.

Not without reason :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On the other hand, Keys being unable to create a single break point... Svitolina isn't Karlovic.

In men's tennis, no other than big 3 is able to win a Slam, in women's tennis meanwhile, so-called "top-players" are unable to reach QF, let alone win a slam and back-up some recent results. 

I hope Andreescu stays healthy. That girl has big game!

hace 2 horas, heywoodu dijo:

Nah, they would still be able to perfectly live their life. Literally the only consequence of their (scandalous) behaviour then would be that they wouldn't be able to visit the US Open again for a while...which seems ok since they resorted to booing one of the best players of the past 20 years anyway.

Oh well, maybe next year they'll behave, one can hope :p 

A ban for booing? What totalitarian fantasy is that? As long as nobody is hurt or they don't disrupt the game the spectators should be able to express themselves as they wish.

3 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Well, Novak has history with NYC crowd. No wonder sth like this happened.

37 minutes ago, LDOG said:

A ban for booing? What totalitarian fantasy is that? 

A frustrated one said in the heat of the moment* :p 

*moment of reading it happened