website statistics

Tennis US Open 2019

Totallympics

6 hours ago, ofan said:

Sorry, I was referring to how you've characterized the crowd throughout the tournament in such a negative light. Sure there were some unruly moments over the last 2 weeks, but I thought the crowd today was simply rambunctious because they were cheering on a hometown hero, same as the crowd would be in Wimbledon for a Brit, etc. I don't agree with the "US Open crowd being US open crowd' take. 

Ok :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yes, I’m aware of that. However, many of the world’s best players will still show up. I only know the names of players with Olympic medals or multiple grand slam titles.

I’d put Football as first by the way. Then Baseball, then Tennis, then Golf, then Basketball. Those are the main offenders. However, I believe only Baseball and Football should be kicked from the Olympics.

What about cycling? I think winning the Tour de France is bigger than winning an olympic gold? I think you could also name boxing (becoming WBA world heavyweight champion is probably more important than winning an olympic gold in the same category) or Sailing (America's Cup) or Skateboarding (X Games) or Triathlon (Ironman).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

It is always good when Serena doesn't win a slam title. The sad thing is that she is still able to reach a slam final that easily. Andreescu's victory should give hope to someone like Townsend, if you can win a slam looking like Andreescu, then there really isn't anything that should stop Townsend. I am not sure about how long Andreescu will stay at the top, after all someone like Ostapenko was also supposed to be the nixt big thing just to disappear very quickly. Personally i hope that Bencic will be the next one of the younger girls to win a slam, 3 or 4 years ago i thought that she would be the first one to do so. The fact that Williams is the only one to reach more than 1 slam final this year is also not very encouraging. On the one hand the absence of top players makes things kind of exciting and unpredictable, on the other hand i think that it would be good for women's tennis if some sort of rivalry could develop. It is almost impossible for casual fans to keep track with women's tennis, because there is a new face every couple of months and barely anyone has any consistency.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Seriously, bitching about a time violation when the shot clock is really clear and simple? 

Let's go Medvedev :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!