website statistics

World Urban Games 2019

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Laser run? I thought that was going to be some cool laser tag thing, not the lame biathlon but worse in every way combined run shoot they use in Modern Pentathlon.

I quite like the laser run :cry:. I think it’s a good innovative format.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Says the person who never goes to the beach. :p

There are lots of climbing opportunities near sea, both natural and artificial...

Yeah, unless your in Dorset or Dover, or whatever town is close to those British’s cliffs, or in Northern California I don’t think that’s true. I’d never make Climbing a Beach sport. It’s definitely more of an urban sport.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, unless your in Dorset or Dover, or whatever town is close to those British’s cliffs, or in Northern California I don’t think that’s true. I’d never make Climbing a Beach sport. It’s definitely more of an urban sport.

Or 20 minutes from where I live (and a lot of Mediterranean in general)...

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Or 20 minutes from where I live (and a lot of Mediterranean in general)...

Right, but when I think of Sport Climbing, I do not think of cliffs. I think of indoor gyms.

33 minutes ago, Jur said:

I actually wish Olympic would eject Modern Pentathlon and add Laser Run instead. Sorry not sorry.

I would ok with fencing, swimming, cycling and laser run. The equestrian events in MP would finally be gone, and we could even get rid of triathlon (hate it).

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

I would ok with fencing, swimming, cycling and laser run. The equestrian events in MP would finally be gone, and we could even get rid of triathlon (hate it).

Yeah I don’t think the triathlon is going away anytime soon...

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah I don’t think the triathlon is going away anytime soon...

Yes, I know. It's just I personally hate it, but I know it's not going to be removed from the program.

Triathlon is probably the least exciting event at the Olympics, in my opinion. I can see the reason for Modern Pentathlon (even though the perfect soldier thing is a little corny) but I absolutely can't stand triathlon or even think about a good reason for it to exist as a sport.

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

Yes, I know. It's just I personally hate it, but I know it's not going to be removed from the program.

Triathlon is probably the least exciting event at the Olympics, in my opinion. I can see the reason for Modern Pentathlon (even though the perfect soldier thing is a little corny) but I absolutely can't stand triathlon or even think about a good reason for it to exist as a sport.

Endurance athletes wished they could do their three favorites sports in one race/sport, and boom, triathlon is born.

4 hours ago, NearPup said:

Laser run? I thought that was going to be some cool laser tag thing, not the lame biathlon but worse in every way combined run shoot they use in Modern Pentathlon.

Interestingly, if that ever becomes a thing, then MP might as well be dead and burried.

#banbestmen