website statistics

Biathlon IBU Summer World Championships 2019

heywoodu

Biathlon IBU Summer World Championships 2019

BLR.gif Minsk-Raubichi (BLR) - 23 August 2019 - 25 August 2019 BLR.gif

174342unoon1771e7raq5z.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

About two weeks away from the start.  Short article here  with some basic stats, but it does say that there will be athletes from 27 countries including Greece, Turkey and Mongolia.  Should be good.

Schedule:

23 AUG 2019 03:40 Junior Men Super Sprint Qualification  

23 AUG 2019 04:15 Junior Women Super Sprint Qualification  

23 AUG 2019 06:00 Men Super Sprint Qualification  

23 AUG 2019 06:35 Women Super Sprint Qualification  

23 AUG 2019 08:10 Junior Men Super Sprint Final  

23 AUG 2019 08:40 Junior Women Super Sprint Final  

23 AUG 2019 10:10 Men Super Sprint Final  

23 AUG 2019 10:40 Women Super Sprint Final 

24 AUG 2019 03:45 Junior Men 7.5 km Sprint Competition  

24 AUG 2019 06:15 Junior Women 6 km Sprint Competition  

24 AUG 2019 09:00 Men 7.5 km Sprint Competition  

24 AUG 2019 11:00 Women 6 km Sprint Competition  

25 AUG 2019 04:15 Junior Men 10 km Pursuit Competition  

25 AUG 2019 06:15 Junior Women 7.5 km Pursuit Competition  

25 AUG 2019 08:45 Men 10 km Pursuit Competition  

25 AUG 2019 10:30 Women 7.5 km Pursuit Competition 

As always with summer worlds, the big question is who will appear :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, dcro said:

Super sprints appeared...

Summer biathlon is excellent for things like that in my opinion. Plus I've heard super sprint is a lot of fun to do.. :p 

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

Usually the 4 main races at the weekend get streamed live.  Some nations take it more seriously than others. Norwegians, French & Germans don’t often bother. Poles & Ukrainians mostly do. Home nation generally send their best.

Yeah Eastern Europe is generally pretty strong here :d Plus Kaisa when it was in Estonia (which is when Brazil was there too, working together with British Amanda Lightfoot if I'm not mistaken)

1 hour ago, RobtheAggie said:

These are confirmed to be there - 

Timofey Lapshin

Anna Frolina

Andrejs Rastorgujevs

Ekaterina Glazyrina

Larisa Kuklina

Krasimir Anev

Valj and Vita Semerenko

Sergey Semenov

Oh, yeah, also out-of-favour Russians trying to get back into the national squad. :p

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah Eastern Europe is generally pretty strong here :d Plus Kaisa when it was in Estonia (which is when Brazil was there too, working together with British Amanda Lightfoot if I'm not mistaken)

Actually I remember it being a very important week for Kaisa because she got her first wins there after doing both biathlon & cc for a while.  Then I think at the first WC that year she got a snow win as well, so it was a big confidence booster.