website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 Qualification Systems

33 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Quite a big change in biathlon :yikes:
It is possible for @brunamoura to qualify since there’s better more NOCs that can qualify, and there’s reallocation @heywoodu. I actually think this qualification system is worse than Pyeongchang 2018 though. Thanks for the links @intoronto

Ah, huge importance on the completely secret list again, how wonderful. 

Also, I wouldn't bet your house on it :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Ah, huge importance on the completely secret list again, how wonderful. 

Also, I wouldn't bet your house on it :p

Yeah, I think the chance is there, but the safe route is much more worth it. I’m also not familiar with Bruna’s biathlon results and general IBU ranking, so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, I think the chance is there, but the safe route is much more worth it. I’m also not familiar with Bruna’s biathlon results and general IBU ranking, so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

Nobody knows the general IBU ranking because IBU keeps the whole thing completely secret :lol: 

Which makes it even more of a bad idea to focus on biathlon instead of cross-country. So if anything, it'll be cross-country. Also because reasons and everything.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 weeks later...
Em 29/01/2020 em 07:31, Olympian1010 disse:

Quite a big change in biathlon :yikes:
It is possible for @brunamoura to qualify since there’s better more NOCs that can qualify, and there’s reallocation @heywoodu. I actually think this qualification system is worse than Pyeongchang 2018 though. Thanks for the links @intoronto

Honestly, I don't think so. There are many things to improve so I can at least have some tiny chance. But I've decided I am going to stop with biathlon after the Sprint race here in Martell. There are many things going on and this way it's impossible for me to perform well. I need to take a time for myself, set my goals for the fight for the Olympic ticket on cross country and go for it, otherwise it's gonna be like it was in 2018 and I really don't want that to happen again. The federation has its priorities and I am not willing to keep going its way, putting my career in second so they can keep on working for marketing, as it has been. That already costed an Olympic ticket once. Mentally, that has been sicking for me and I can clearly feel and see its effects physically, on my performances. So, I think I should stop with biathlon at least for now, focus on my fight for the ticket on cross country and also make myself ready to afford the structure for the next season because there is a big chance that the federation won't support me (due to their marketing plans, great support goes to the other athlete, no matter if she is doing cross or mtb, because she is the biggest Olympian, and also due to my decision of stopping with biathlon and this way also stopping giving them many equipments - skis/ski boots/poles/bindings/waxes/clothes/gloves and a lot of money (750€ per each stage of IBU that I have at least one start in and over 50.000€ for the points in the nations ranking) everything gotten from IBU). Honestly, I am tired of that. Ask me how much we get from this... Nothing. Ask me how many training camps do we have to prepare for the season... None! And still they want us to perform well. How can I shoot well if I don't train anything for that? And you have no idea how stressful it is. So much pressure for nothing. I simply can't keep it, sorry.

58 minutes ago, brunamoura said:

Honestly, I don't think so. There are many things to improve so I can at least have some tiny chance. But I've decided I am going to stop with biathlon after the Sprint race here in Martell. There are many things going on and this way it's impossible for me to perform well. I need to take a time for myself, set my goals for the fight for the Olympic ticket on cross country and go for it, otherwise it's gonna be like it was in 2018 and I really don't want that to happen again. The federation has its priorities and I am not willing to keep going its way, putting my career in second so they can keep on working for marketing, as it has been. That already costed an Olympic ticket once. Mentally, that has been sicking for me and I can clearly feel and see its effects physically, on my performances. So, I think I should stop with biathlon at least for now, focus on my fight for the ticket on cross country and also make myself ready to afford the structure for the next season because there is a big chance that the federation won't support me (due to their marketing plans, great support goes to the other athlete, no matter if she is doing cross or mtb, because she is the biggest Olympian, and also due to my decision of stopping with biathlon and this way also stopping giving them many equipments - skis/ski boots/poles/bindings/waxes/clothes/gloves and a lot of money (750€ per each stage of IBU that I have at least one start in and over 50.000€ for the points in the nations ranking) everything gotten from IBU). Honestly, I am tired of that. Ask me how much we get from this... Nothing. Ask me how many training camps do we have to prepare for the season... None! And still they want us to perform well. How can I shoot well if I don't train anything for that? And you have no idea how stressful it is. So much pressure for nothing. I simply can't keep it, sorry.

That sucks to hear, but we’ll be cheering you on for Cross Country qualification then :yes

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The Brazilian federation finally made their requirements to qualify for Beijing known. It's incredibly unfair and basically every single promising rule or requirement they had been talking about in the past year (to finally make it more fair) has been turned around into something incredibly unfair.

Even the requirement of athletes having to compete against each other at least once, as had been promised more than once, has disappeared. It's a little sickening how obvious they are being in what they want.

I guess even more and harder training is going to be needed to try and negate the injustice.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone know if there will be an age limit at the Olympics next year? Mia Brookes from GB (born in 2007) could medal if she will be allowed to compete.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/03/2021 at 12:58, OlympicsFan said:

Does anyone know if there will be an age limit at the Olympics next year? Mia Brookes from GB (born in 2007) could medal if she will be allowed to compete.

For every sport there is a specific age limit dependig what the sport federation likes.

From https://assets.fis-ski.com/image/upload/v1588059183/fis-prod/assets/Snowboard_V1.1.pdf - Snowboard Qaulification Rules:

"All athletes participating in the Olympic Winter Games Beijing 2022 must be born before 1 January 2007 in accordance with Article 2014.6: International Snowboard / Freestyle Ski /Freeski Competition Rules (ICR)."

So bascially she could not participate.