website statistics

Parapan American Games 2019

vinipereira

I haven’t seen anything suggesting this will be streamed or televised yet. Hopefully as we get closer, I’ll see something.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I haven’t seen anything suggesting this will be streamed or televised yet. Hopefully as we get closer, I’ll see something.

It most definitely will (at least in Brazil SporTV will show the competition in some sports like Athletics and Swimming).

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Apparently only Athletics, Swimming, Wheelchair Basketball and Rugby + ceremonies will be broadcast.

Badminton too according to the APC

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

24 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Apparently only Athletics, Swimming, Wheelchair Basketball and Rugby + ceremonies will be broadcast.

That’s what was covered in 2015. In all fairness, we haven’t even gotten to a point where we cover most sports in the Pan American Games. The IPC generally has good coverage of their events, but PanAm Sports is so, so at best. I’m just happy the “main” events are broadcasted at all to be honest.

Alright, Official IPC Information regarding 2019 Parapan American Games has just been sent to media. t’s not much to post an article on, so I’ll just discuss it hear. The IPC has confirmed 5 sports will be broadcast live - Athletics, Badminton, Swimming, Wheelchair Basketball, and Wheelchair Rugby. 3 sports will make their Parapan American Games debut - Badminton, Shooting, Taekwondo. These will be the biggest Parapan American Games yet.

Also, streaming will be available at the following links:

https://www.lima2019.pe/canales-streaming

https://www.paralympic.org/lima-2019-watch-live

https://m.facebook.com/paralympics/

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Badminton too according to the APC

Funny they'll show Badminton when this sport was not available for broadcast at the Pan Ams (for instance, men's singles final was shown here from a camera at the side of the court, which wasn't great).

Maybe because it's a new sport both here and at the Paralympics and they wanna see how it goes?

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

That’s what was covered in 2015. In all fairness, we haven’t even gotten to a point where we cover most sports in the Pan American Games. The IPC generally has good coverage of their events, but PanAm Sports is so, so at best. I’m just happy the “main” events are broadcasted at all to be honest.

Honestly I wish they could broadcast Volleyball (always a good level because of USA/Brazil) and maybe Football (even though this is not a qualification event for Paralympics). I would add Goalball to that list too but this is not a very TV-friendly sport IMO. About individual sports, Track Cycling and Powerlifting should definitely be among the broadcast sports.

@vinipereira Are you able to use the streaming available at the Lima2019 website? Supposedly they’re showing more sports.