website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Broadcasters

Looks like I'm lucky to be British in this regard. BBC showed absolutely everything, with few exceptions, (non ticketed events, like Archery and Shooting preliminary rounds)

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Mkbw50 said:

Looks like I'm lucky to be British in this regard. BBC showed absolutely everything, with few exceptions, (non ticketed events, like Archery and Shooting preliminary rounds)

even if they show everything you can't watch them all , unless you have 100 eyes :d

2 minutes ago, bestmen said:

even if they show everything you can't watch them all , unless you have 100 eyes :d

Last Olympics I was sitting in the living room with this:

- My parent's computer (they were away)

- The TV

- My laptop

- An extra screen on my laptop

- My mobile phone

This year I can add another laptop and a tablet to that :d 

Just put everything in the right position and there's a good chance of catching most of the action :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Last Olympics I was sitting in the living room with this:

- My parent's computer (they were away)

- The TV

- My laptop

- An extra screen on my laptop

- My mobile phone

This year I can add another laptop and a tablet to that :d

Just put everything in the right position and there's a good chance of catching most of the action :p

LOL the octopus man

Edited by bestmen

In UK law there are 'Protected events' that have to be on free to air live (but PPV can share), which are Olympics and Paralympics (summer and winter), World Cup Finals, UEFA Euro Finals, FA Cup Final, Scottish Cup Final (Scotland only), Grand National, Epsom Derby, Rugby League Challenge Cup final, Rugby World Cup Final, and there are also 'Category B' which must have highlights or delayed broadcast on free to air, which is IAAF and IPC World Athletics Championships, Ryder Cup, The Open golf, Test matches in cricket envolving England, Cricket World cup final, semi-finals, and home nations matches, Rugby World Cup matches (not the final) Six Nations matches involving the home nations, Wimbledon (not the finals), and Commonwealth games.

3 minutes ago, bestmen said:

I find a way, don't worry, even if it takes me months I manage to watch them.:toast:

In brotherhood unfold

20 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

we were very lucky, but with the new budget cuts and the possible end of the red button I fear we may not be so lucky again. For Rio I haven't heard anything yet about whether the coverage will be the same as London, personally with the loss of BBC3 I expect they will have to introduce a few BBC Olympics channels. Have you heard any broadcasting arrangements for Rio 2016?

6 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

In UK law there are 'Protected events' that have to be on free to air live (but PPV can share), which are Olympics and Paralympics (summer and winter), World Cup Finals, UEFA Euro Finals, FA Cup Final, Scottish Cup Final (Scotland only), Grand National, Epsom Derby, Rugby League Challenge Cup final, Rugby World Cup Final, and there are also 'Category B' which must have highlights or delayed broadcast on free to air, which is IAAF and IPC World Athletics Championships, Ryder Cup, The Open golf, Test matches in cricket envolving England, Cricket World cup final, semi-finals, and home nations matches, Rugby World Cup matches (not the final) Six Nations matches involving the home nations, Wimbledon (not the finals), and Commonwealth games.

I find a way, don't worry, even if it takes me months I manage to watch them.:toast:

In Italy the event that must boardcasting in free tv are:

Olympic games (winter and summer)

All match of Italian Football Club

Final of FIFA world cup and UEFA European Cup

Semifinals and Final of italian team in UEFA Champions League

Six Nations

Final of FIBA World Chapionship, FINA Waterpolo world Championship, Rugby world Cup

Italia GP (F1 and Moto GP)

Giro d'Italia

Final and semifinal of Davis Cup if Italian players are involved

World Cycling Championship

5 minutes ago, uk12points said:

we were very lucky, but with the new budget cuts and the possible end of the red button I fear we may not be so lucky again. For Rio I haven't heard anything yet about whether the coverage will be the same as London, personally with the loss of BBC3 I expect they will have to introduce a few BBC Olympics channels. Have you heard any broadcasting arrangements for Rio 2016?

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/apr/07/bbc-staff-rio-2016-olympics-2012-games-nbc

I found the answer, and it's good news

Alongside its coverage on TV and radio and an expanded digital offering through its interactive red button service, each individual sport will be streamed online.

But there will be no repeat of the experiment four years ago when the BBC responded to a first home Olympics for more than 60 years with up to 24 channels of sport in cable and satellite homes.

So although there is no BBC Olympics channel, everything is online.

That is good news. Very good news.

From PyeongChang onwards however, everything will still be there, but on Discovery/Eurosport. Which is good enough, I guess.

Also, nice profile pic. xD

In brotherhood unfold