website statistics

Football 2016 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

21 hours ago, crovitlaci said:

RIP Johann Cruyff. :(

And some interesting quotes from him:

Football is simple, but it is difficult to play simple.

Italians can not beat you, but you can certainly lose against them.

- Every disadvantage has an advantage

- If people would drive faster on the highway, they would be home faster and so they wouldn't be standing in traffic jams all the time

- If you don't shoot at goal, you can't score

- I know more than nothing about volleyball, and that's enough

- I'm against everything. Until I make a decision, because then I'm for it

- The truth is never exactly as you thought it would be

- I'm not religious. In Spain, all 22 players ask God for help before the match, but if it actually worked, every match would end in a draw

- Experience is something you have or you don't have

- For a bad player, he has a very good technique, but for a good player, he has a very bad technique (talking about Zlatan Ibrahimovic)

- Before I make a mistake, I don't make that mistake

- I would never be able to work for AS Roma...they have an athletics track around the field and that's the worst thing in the world

- If you score one more goal than your opponent, you win the match

- If you're not at a certain place, you're either too early or too late

- You have to defend in every place of the field. That costs less energy, because then you don't have to run all the way back to make a goal

- If everybody does their job, you'll at least get a draw

- I've never seen a bag of money score a goal

- If you knew anything about football, you'd be in my position right now

- Sometimes something has to happen before something happens

- I love working as long as I'm doing work I love

- One of the 32 participating countries at the World Cup wins the World Cup. The others won't, because they're not there

- For starters, there's only one ball, so you need to have possession of that one, but the main thing is: what do you do with that ball?

- Football is simple: you're either right on time or you're too late. If you're too late, you should have left earlier

- If you see a player sprint, it means he left too late

- As long as we are in control of the ball, they can't score

- If I asked you to show what you can do, you'd show what you can do. However, you'd also show what you couldn't do, because you're not showing that.

- If I wanted you to understand it, I'd have explained it better

- The ball is an essential part of the game

- If you're playing with a lot of ball possession, you don't have to defend, because there's only one ball

- I'm still convinced that the way I do things is the way it should be done, because otherwise I wouldn't be doing it like that

- If Italians get one chance, they score two goals

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I'm not a football expert, but looking at the way we're playing against France at the moment, I don't think this team is going to give us the European title this summer :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!