website statistics

Football 2016 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

BBC/The Guardian saying that the Colombian police has confirmed there are 76 deaths.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So goalkeepers Jakson Follman and Danilo, defender Alan Ruschel, a journalist and a stewardess survived. One more person initially survived, but died of his/her wounds later.

It's like a Cindarella story gone horribly wrong...I remember following Brazilian football 6-7 years ago and I remember Chapecoense was one of those small Serie D/C teams, and now all of a sudden they were in the Copa Sudamericana final, to end the whole bizarre couple of years with this.. horrible. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 minutos atrás, heywoodu disse:

So goalkeepers Jakson Follman and Danilo, defender Alan Ruschel, a journalist and a stewardess survived. One more person initially survived, but died of his/her wounds later.

It's like a Cindarella story gone horribly wrong...I remember following Brazilian football 6-7 years ago and I remember Chapecoense was one of those small Serie D/C teams, and now all of a sudden they were in the Copa Sudamericana final, to end the whole bizarre couple of years with this.. horrible. 

Last week, our Whatsapp group with brazilians members from Totallympics was following the Copa Sudamericana semifinal and we were just so happy for Chape. As you said, they are a small team that suddenly were among the best in Brazil.

Right now, I wish San Lorenzo could have scored that goal in the last minute.

12 minutes ago, vlad said:

I think CONMEBOL and Atletico Nacional should give the trophy to Chapecoense...

Grim as it may sound, I would choose for no trophy being awarded at all. 

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Grim as it may sound, I would choose for no trophy being awarded at all. 

Agree. I don't believe that trophy would give any consolation to the Brazilian team right now... but I do hope some other teams, especially the best teams from Europe, will at least give them some kind of financial support in the next days.