opruh

Men's Singles - Semifinals

[1] Kento Momota :JPN JPN - IND :IND B. Sai Praneeth [16]

[5] Anders Antonsen :DEN DEN - THA :THA Kantaphon Wangcharoen [12]

Women's Singles - Semifinals

[7] Ratchanok Intanon :THA THA - JPN :JPN Nozomi Okuhara [3]

[4] Chen Yufei :CHN CHN - IND :IND P. V. Sindhu [5]

Men's Doubles - Semifinals

[7] Fajar Alfian/Muhammad Rian Ardianto :INA INA - INA :INA Mohammad Ahsan/Hendra Setiawan [4]

[12] Takuro Hoki/Yugo Kobayashi :JPN JPN - CHN :CHN Li Junhui/Liu Yuchen [2]

Women's Doubles - Semifinals

[1] Mayu Matsumoto/Wakana Nagahara :JPN JPN - INA :INA Greysia Polii/Apriyani Rahayu [5]

[7] Du Yue/Lu Yinhui :CHN CHN - JPN :JPN Yuki Fukushima/Sayaka Hirota [2]

Mixed Doubles - Semifinals

[1] Zheng Siwei/Huang Yaqiong :CHN CHN - JPN :JPN Yuta Watanabe/Arisa Higashino [3]

[4] Dechapol Puavaranukroh/Sapsiree Taerattanachai :THA THA - CHN :CHN Wang Yilu/Huang Dongping [2]

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

5 hours ago, Quasit said:

Men's Singles - Semifinals

[1] Kento Momota :JPN JPN - IND :IND B. Sai Praneeth [16]

[5] Anders Antonsen :DEN DEN - THA :THA Kantaphon Wangcharoen [12]

Women's Singles - Semifinals

[7] Ratchanok Intanon :THA THA - JPN :JPN Nozomi Okuhara [3]

[4] Chen Yufei :CHN CHN - IND :IND P. V. Sindhu [5]

Men's Doubles - Semifinals

[7] Fajar Alfian/Muhammad Rian Ardianto :INA INA - INA :INA Mohammad Ahsan/Hendra Setiawan [4]

[12] Takuro Hoki/Yugo Kobayashi :JPN JPN - CHN :CHN Li Junhui/Liu Yuchen [2]

Women's Doubles - Semifinals

[1] Mayu Matsumoto/Wakana Nagahara :JPN JPN - INA :INA Greysia Polii/Apriyani Rahayu [5]

[7] Du Yue/Lu Yinhui :CHN CHN - JPN :JPN Yuki Fukushima/Sayaka Hirota [2]

Mixed Doubles - Semifinals

[1] Zheng Siwei/Huang Yaqiong :CHN CHN - JPN :JPN Yuta Watanabe/Arisa Higashino [3]

[4] Dechapol Puavaranukroh/Sapsiree Taerattanachai :THA THA - CHN :CHN Wang Yilu/Huang Dongping [2]

Nice pretty happy to see 2 indians in the medal rounds ...... both Sai and Sindhu were unexpected ...... Sai has been in form but to reach the semis was always unlikely and Sindhu is a big tournament player but to beat Tzu was going to be tough ..... her third world championship medal really hope she can make it gold

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

3 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

Nice pretty happy to see 2 indians in the medal rounds ...... both Sai and Sindhu were unexpected ...... Sai has been in form but to reach the semis was always unlikely and Sindhu is a big tournament player but to beat Tzu was going to be tough ..... her third world championship medal really hope she can make it gold

2 bronze n 2 Silver so this time hope she gets gold.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

3 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

To be honest I'm not that surprised with Sai Praneeth, his speedy attacking style is dangerous for those who rely on rallies before finishing the opponent. Yesterday Sai really exploit the weak part of Jonatan and with Jonatan having slight injury during the end of game 1, the result is clear.

But Sindhu is really amazing. I think Kim Ji-hyun's guidance is starting to bear fruit.

Just now, Griff88 said:

To be honest I'm not that surprised with Sai Praneeth, his speedy attacking style is dangerous for those who rely on rallies before finishing the opponent. Yesterday Sai really exploit the weak part of Jonatan and with Jonatan having slight injury during the end of game 1, the result is clear.

But Sindhu is really amazing. I think Kim Ji-hyun's guidance is starting to bear fruit.

Hope they keep focused till Olympics in short term. Sindhu has legs to carry on till 2024 Olympics for 2 more medals in to gain top spot. She needed someone to fine tune her skills n now she is getting it. Sai needs to move quickly to top.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

"I would not be surprised that if it's going to very close 18 all or 19 all the chinese would call the doctor on court" - morten

Well the commentator Morten Frost said this. it has become too obvious. Every time whenever Chinese WD play and it reaches the point 18 or point 19 Chinese WD need to call for doctor help. This has happened all the time involving various different Chinese WD. I felt that this is really absurd. Thought I was the only one who realized this. In the end the commentators of the match mentioned it as well. Oh well crap. So Chinese players need to resort to dirty tactics to slow down opponents rhythm to win the match?

Anyway here is the summary.

Not sure what he meant by this .. Does it imply clean or dirty tactics?

This is because Chinese WD (Chen Qingchen / Jia Yifan and Du Yue / Li Yinhui) had to call for medicals near the end of their matches yesterday.

Du Yue / Li Yinhui one is damn obvious especially in the third set whereby after every point she had to ask to be massage and taking a long break. Gosh how come this kind of things can be allowed during tournament time?

Speechless. Chinese players have bring cheating into the match into another new level. I really have to salute them. Breaking their opponents rhythm. Time wastage. Asking for break after each and every point scored. Amazing. I just wonder why umpires let those Chinese players carry on with such dirty tactics and no action taken? No wonder Chinese players are so daring to keep on doing it. Such dirty tactics used to win is so unethical.

4 hours ago, opruh said:

It will be a total domination for the Japanese team in next year's olympics, I predict at least 3 gold medals for them. :yikes:Top Indonesian pair in MD and Chinese pair in XD should get to keep one each for their respective countries.

Yes you are right. Japan is right on track to win 4 gold medals in MS, WS, MD AND WD. Japanese players have shown such dominance throughout the whole year of 2018 amd 2019. So sad ? to know that China dominance has gone.

Thankful that Japanese system is I'm such a manner that they cannot develop their mixed doubles department hence Japan look weak in their mixed doubles department. I just cannot imagine what will happen if Japanese also dominate XD department? 5 gold medals by Japanese? This really looks unthinkable.