website statistics

World Games 2022

Totallympics

On 7/24/2022 at 10:31 PM, Griff88 said:

Thank you for telling your experience and congrats for covering this event.

I'd like to know how many non Western media guys you managed to meet in Birmingham, as it was very visible (at least in the Southeast Asian media) that they rely on press release from NOC / team managers for the news and the general public basically doesn't know that the World Games in ongoing.

I just noticed this some how. Anyways, to answer your question, I only remember briefly speaking with a journalist from :JPN (on the way to the softball final). Otherwise, I never met or saw any other Asian/SEA press there. 

There were a few non-local journalists from Europe and the Americas. I was quite friendly with some of them, as many of us had a similar focus on things within the Olympics beat.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...

IWGA has section on their website where you can view replays by sport/session: https://www.theworldgames.org/editions/Birmingham-USA-2022-13/streams

I think there’s still a few broadcasts missing perhaps, but appreciate they made dedicated page displaying the replays.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 6 months later...

:ITA loses two medals due to anti-doping violations :yikes:

Sveva Melillo :ITA loses her gold medal in Muaythai (Women’s -54kg). Gold goes to Ashley Thiner :USA, with Laura Burgos :MEX upgraded to silver @mrv86:AUS will also receive a bronze medal in the event now.

Francesca Parrello :ITA loses her bronze medal in Powerlifting (Women’s Heavyweight). Cicera Tavares :BRA will be awarded the bronze @Laraja @vinipereira @thiago_simoes

:CAN also had an athlete from their women’s lacrosse team sanctioned, but it will not cost the team their medal (just the individual athlete).

Link to IWGA Post: https://www.theworldgames.org/news/The-World-Games-2022-32/IWGA-Anti-Doping-Sanctions-The-World-Games-2022-2444

Edited by Olympian1010