website statistics

Wrestling UWW Junior World Championships 2019

Totallympics

Something I've often wondered: why just flags in these overviews and not names? It's an individual sport...so it's about the athletes, not the flags :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Something I've often wondered: why just flags in these overviews and not names? It's an individual sport...so it's about the athletes, not the flags :p

Because @phelps also have a life beside this forum :p

Also, have you seen the names of some of the wrestlers... Mohmmadsadegh Biglar FIROUZPOURBANDPEI, Amkhad TASHUKHADZHIEV. It takes forever to write these names! :p

Edited by wumo26

3 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

Also, have you seen the names of some of the wrestlers... Mohmmadsadegh Biglar FIROUZPOURBANDPEI, Amkhad TASHUKHADZHIEV. It takes forever to write these names! :p

How does copy-paste take significantly longer than writing country codes? :p

It's not a complaint by the way, I'm just curious since it doesn't seem to make much of a difference in terms of effort needed :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

How does copy-paste take significantly longer than writing country codes? :p

It's not a complaint by the way, I'm just curious since it doesn't seem to make much of a difference in terms of effort needed :d

If phelps is like me, he had to, for example, re-write FIROUZPOURBANDPEI because I personally don't like names written in caps lock. (Yeah I know, I'm a bit weird :p)

Edited by wumo26

Just now, wumo26 said:

If phelps is like me, he had to, for example, re-write FIROUZPOURBANDPEI because I personally don't like names written in caps lock. (Yeah I know, I'm a bit weird :p)

I'm the same :d

16 hours ago, wumo26 said:

16 hours ago, wumo26 said:

you got it right all the way...;):yes

add to that my (beyond every imagination) laziness...and here you have the whole picture...:facepalm:

by the way, this is the lineup for Tomorrow's Finals in the men's Freestyle Wrestling...

-57kg: :USA Vitali Arujau vs :JPN Toshiya Abe

-65kg: :RUS Kurban Shiraev vs :IRI Amirhossein Maghsoudi

-70kg: :UKR Erik Arushanian vs :MDA Vasile Diacon

-79kg: :GEO Bagrati Gagnidze vs :RUS Amkhad Tashukhadzhiev

-97kg: :IRI Abbas Foroutan vs :CUB Yonger Pauli Bastida Pomares

Edited by phelps

I was expecting a bit more from the first day, we lost a match to Algeria !! :facepalm:probably first time ever in freestyle. but that kid had a tragedy in his family few days ago. that was a mistake sending him here.

Parasteh was also terrible losing to Kazakhstan, Firouzpour at 70kg was very close to the final. gave up a 5-0 lead early and had to come back, lost it 5-5 with couple of controversial calls against him.

Maghsoudi at 65 wasn't even supposed to be here, he was the last minute replacement because the main guy Amir Mohammad Yazdani denied visa. he is in the final but he was very lucky in QF against Azerbaijan, won the match by a last second caution which was indeed controversial. I have to say the Azeri kid got robbed.

btw @phelps great job you recognized our 97kg guy surname which is indeed just Foroutan, :bowdown: but his name is Abbas. not Ali. UWW for some weird reasons always put the father's name for the Iranian wrestlers which is never part of the name. Ali is his father.