website statistics

Men's Fistball IFA World Championship 2019

Olympian1010

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

@vinipereira @thiago_simoes @hoversaBR The match commentator for the US v. Brazil games said that the sport is popular in Brazil, and that there are many clubs that play the game. Have you ever seen any? 

We we only have two fistball clubs in the US.

It's only practiced in the Southern region of Brazil, and even so it's not even slightly popular (I live in the South and no one here knows anything about it).

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

It's only practiced in the Southern region of Brazil, and even so it's not even slightly popular (I live in the South and no one here knows anything about it).

Well the team looks damn good. They could cause a few upsets, and maybe even take the crown this year.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I guess, Fistball is only played in parts of South America with a high number of German emigrants. The former world championship hosts Novo Hamburgo, Llanquihue and Villa General Belgrano are certainly some of the most "German" cities in South America and the Brazilian squad for example has a lot of names where you can easiliy recognize the German descent.

Just now, chrischi08 said:

I guess, Fistball is only played in parts of South America with a high number of German emigrants. The former world championship hosts Novo Hamburgo, Llanquihue and Villa General Belgrano are certainly some of the most "German" cities in South America and the Brazilian squad for example has a lot of names where you can easiliy recognize the German descent.

Yes, my preview article alluded to that.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Chile and Brazil are getting ready to start what should be one of the most intriguing preliminary matches.

Damn, Brazil is looking great. They will definitely challenge for third if they cannot upset :SUI or :GER.

28 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Damn, Brazil is looking great. They will definitely challenge for third if they cannot upset :SUI or :GER.

:BRA played like crap after the first two sets. They nearly held on to win 3-1.

Tough game for our guys, but they preformed really well. Super proud of them (especially since maybe 25-50 people play the sport in the US).