website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Qualification Systems

Wow, that document is so poorly written. Lawyers can eat it for breakfast.

At one place it says that a NOC can select 1 boat per event, but at other place it says 2.

Also it says that 6 K2/C2 quota places in total are up for grabs in non-European qualifiers, even if they actually mean 3.

#banbestmen

Sprint canoeing is always so complicated (especially reallocation) and they rarely tell us who is qualified.

So it looks like a nation will be able to compete with two boats in the same event.

Australia/New Zealand will need at least one (or two if they other qualified) other Oceania nations to compete in order to gain continental quotas.

Six kayakers only per nation, but two boats. It's stupid, Both nations already would need doble starters if they want to compite in all kayak events..... It would not upgrade the level.... I really don't understand what they were thinking...

For example Spain had medals in the last World championship in K1-200, K2 and K4, we have to left out one of them. And then you need two of them for K1 1000 already...

however, imho the sentence at point B4 saying that any NOC can qualify 2 boats per event is wrong (unless they do mean that a NOC can qualify a boat in each of the men and women's "parallel" events, so to say...I mean, K1 sprint M and W, K1 long distance M and W and so on)...

all the rest of the document clearly let readers understand that there will be only 1 boat per NOC per event (and with such few boats starting in any Olympic race, it would be crazy and extremely unfair to do otherwise)...

by the way, canoeing program at the Olympics is by far the most stupid, unfair and badly built of all the sports included in the Olympic schedule...

1 minute ago, phelps said:

however, imho the sentence at point B4 saying that any NOC can qualify 2 boats per event is wrong (unless they do mean that a NOC can qualify a boat in each of the men and women's "parallel" events, so to say...I mean, K1 sprint M and W, K1 long distance M and W and so on)...

all the rest of the document clearly let readers understand that there will be only 1 boat per NOC per event (and with such few boats starting in any Olympic race, it would be crazy and extremely unfair to do otherwise)...

by the way, canoeing program at the Olympics is by far the most stupid, unfair and badly built of all the sports included in the Olympic schedule...

I think a second boat can compete at the Olympics, but the athlete has to qualify in a different event.

I asked the ICF for clarification.

1 hour ago, Dunadan said:

2 years ago I would care about this and already tried to calculate and find out our possible opponents in this OQT . :d but considering our current situation there is no way Iran can beat a top 6 team (most probably at its home) and qualify directly. so we have to focus on beating China and Australia in AVC QT.

but still I would like to see our possible group to see which teams are going to beat us in the OQT. :d