website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Qualification Systems

4 hours ago, zob79 said:

You gotta get used to this kind of filthy "politically correctness"; that's the future we'll be experiencing in every domain.

On-topic: have you seen women's boxing at heavyweight categories? it's priceless as a source of fun

You are right,PC is actually making things quite opposite of intended. In every domain,as you said. We will have 'equal' games but price will be very high. Many sports are ruined by those PC changes. We dont have double trap beacuse only men participated. They will evict 50 km RW because its not appropriate for women. And so on... Instead we have some boring mix competitions,and i am sure that hard core fans like me will hate them.

Maybe its my age but with all these changes,my level of interest for OG is at least 30% smaller than before. If Bach contunues his agenda we will have OG that last 7 days,with 5000 athletes,60% women,15 sports. Those games will certainly be cheap,women friendly. Maybe new generations will like those OG, i am sure that i will hate it. I remember good old glorious days.

As a matter of fact,i did. It was 2011,some Russian girl was fighting. It was comic and tragic at the same time. Even men boxing is sometime hard to watch but girls...it was just cringy. 

Edited by ChandlerMne

15 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

It was 2011,some Russian girl was fighting. It was comic and tragic at the same time. Even men boxing is sometime hard to watch but girls...it was just cringy. 

Please watch this 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/03/2019 at 21:53, ATHENS 1896 said:

Furthermore, AIBA decides on new Olympics weight classes for Men; dropping two categories.

Source: https://www.aiba.org/aiba-technical-competition-rules/  Please refer to AIBA Technical & Competition Rules (ENG), chapter 2.2

or to Articles like: https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/sport-others/aiba-olympics-weight-classes-boxing-5615327/

Briefly: Light Fly (49 kg) is dropped and Bantam (56 kg) / Light (60 kg) / Light Welter (64 kg) are merged to Feather  (57 kg) / Light (63 kg).

They dropped categories only now? I thought that was done and dusted years ago....dropping categories and events a little over a year before the Olympics, that is beyond ridiculous :yikes: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With AIBA now all but stripped of its status as the Olympic IF for boxing (IOC Session ratification of that decision is likely a formality), the only certainties at this point are that the sport will have 286 berths across 13 weight divisions (8 men, 5 women) with qualification pushed back to next year.

The IOC aim to - by the end of this month - publish a qualification system that has the confirmed weight limits, quota distribution and qualification events.

-----

On another note, at least part of the 2019 European Games QS is no longer correct.

In contrast to what was published previously (admittedly before the Olympic QS was published), 2020 canoe sprint berths will not be awarded at the regatta in Minsk.