website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Qualification Systems

11 minuti fa, Nate River ha scritto:

I read the rule as saying that a nation is allowed one entry per gender. Especially due to point b.

It looks more like that all nation will be granted 1 spot. If a nation had already qualified at least one athlete but only in one gender, they will receive their quota for the other gender. It is like a kind of “meritocratic” spot, if you see it referred to the NOCs 

3x3 ranking... strange ranking, with Andorra and Mongolia very High. Uhmm Andorra and Mongolia.. not so strong. Then...

on what is based 3x3 ranking? Wait. I don' belive. It is based on individual ranking. Why? Ok, not by international tournament. But individual ranking? Incredible. From FIBA site: "The 3x3 Federation Ranking not only rewards the elite performances of the players but also the 3x3 activity in the territory of each National Federation. The position in the 3x3 Federation Ranking is driven by the number of players and their playing frequency. The more events are organised the more likely players will accumulate points and increase the national federation's standing in the 3x3 Federation Ranking".
So, doesn't matter if players are strong, are good player. No. For a good ranking is necessary to organize many national events, so player can accumulate their points. Ok, my italian friends, let's organize some 3x3 torunaments!!!
The worst sport thing i ever seen.

Yeah, now that it's Olympic qualification, I can see 3x3 events popping-up everywhere and nations with most events qualifying. Surely China will qualify in both genders.

Hopefully Andorra will be organizing competitions every single day. :p

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

il y a 9 minutes, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo a déclaré:

3x3 ranking... strange ranking, with Andorra and Mongolia very High. Uhmm Andorra and Mongolia.. not so strong. Then...

on what is based 3x3 ranking? Wait. I don' belive. It is based on individual ranking. Why? Ok, not by international tournament. But individual ranking? Incredible. From FIBA site: "The 3x3 Federation Ranking not only rewards the elite performances of the players but also the 3x3 activity in the territory of each National Federation. The position in the 3x3 Federation Ranking is driven by the number of players and their playing frequency. The more events are organised the more likely players will accumulate points and increase the national federation's standing in the 3x3 Federation Ranking".
So, doesn't matter if players are strong, are good player. No. For a good ranking is necessary to organize many national events, so player can accumulate their points. Ok, my italian friends, let's organize some 3x3 torunaments!!!
The worst sport thing i ever seen.

Now, I understand the new 3x3 Superleague the french federation has set up this year...

vor 2 Stunden schrieb JoshMartini007:

They can still qualify by reaching the entry standard.

Yeah, but if i understood the document correctly, the standards will be extremely high, my expectation would be something like 2.34 m in mens high jump.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

22 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Yeah, but if i understood the document correctly, the standards will be extremely high, my expectation would be something like 2.34 m in mens high jump.

Yeah, it depends on what the entry standards are, I was imagining it would be something similar to what we had for the 2017 World Championships, basically performances that guarantee to not go over the maximum quota per event.