website statistics

Sprint Canoeing ICF World Championships 2019

Totallympics

4 hours ago, intoronto said:

If anyone is interested :DMA 's competitor competed in cycling at the 2018 Commonwealth Games.

Yeah and at the British Virgin Islands national championships among others, as one can see on Procyclingstats :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, dcro said:

And apparently :TGA's competitor competed in cross-country skiing at the 2018 Winter Olympics.

Ugh. Thanks #TeamBogota for messing up the qualifying :whistle:

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I like Pita but I think he makes a mockery of the sport. Interesting people's perception on Tonga and that they jokingly make a few comments or remarks about Tonga being an island nation and that they should be good or better at this. Well it's true but not in flatwater canoeing. If the Olympics had events that involved outrigger canoeing or boats that use Va'a in place of the regular canoe or kayak well yes the Pacific nation's which includes the biggest Pacific nation of all NZ would dominate. But that just won't happen lol. 

Interestingly though Pita and Carrington are of the same race both being Polynesian with Carrington being Maori. I suppose if some Pacific athletes were afforded the same opportunities as Carrington well then perhaps we'd see them win instead of just participating.

11 hours ago, Joshi said:

I like Pita but I think he makes a mockery of the sport. Interesting people's perception on Tonga and that they jokingly make a few comments or remarks about Tonga being an island nation and that they should be good or better at this. Well it's true but not in flatwater canoeing. If the Olympics had events that involved outrigger canoeing or boats that use Va'a in place of the regular canoe or kayak well yes the Pacific nation's which includes the biggest Pacific nation of all NZ would dominate. But that just won't happen lol. 

Interestingly though Pita and Carrington are of the same race both being Polynesian with Carrington being Maori. I suppose if some Pacific athletes were afforded the same opportunities as Carrington well then perhaps we'd see them win instead of just participating.

My main issue with Pita is him competing in the Olympics in one sport because he only had to fight two people in qualifying (still better than some Oceanian women who literally didn't have to compete), then competed in the Olympics in another sport because of a flawed qualifying system and some...doubtful uses of the rules, and then trying to qualify in yet another sport where he competes in world championships while he doesn't even have the very basics under control yet. Simply moving to the starting psition was a huge challenge. Good for everyone who tries, and it's no problem if someone is pretty far behind, but do we really need people at the Olympics who just don't really have control over the basics of their sport?