website statistics

Sprint Canoeing ICF World Championships 2019

Totallympics

Just now, EselTheDonkey said:

I have one question, because I'm still not sure about teams having two places in one event. Is this allowed, now?

To use Germany as an example: Can they for example have two male K2s in Tokyo, Hoff/Schopf and two from the K4?

Yep, a NOC can have two boats in K1, K2 and C1.

Just now, wumo26 said:

A question to any user who understands the qualification system. 

Why are there 11 boats (44 athletes) qualified in women's K4. I thought there would only be 10 boats?

There are 12 boats actually (48 atheltes). But that is the case since 11 athletes already qualified in other events.

#banbestmen

Just now, wumo26 said:

A question to any user who understand the qualification system. 

Why is there 11 boats (44 athletes) qualified in women's K4. I thought there would only be 10 boats?

Because an athlete can only win one quota place. And there were some double Starters that participated for example in both K4 and K2. Meaning that a few quota places got reallocated, and they always go to the biggest boat. In this case, there were four or more quota places left, so there's one additional K4. 

When was the last time Germany only won 2 medals in the Olympic events at a WCh or a SOG? Did that ever happen before? And we didn't perform that well either, but at least it's not a disaster like 2017. 

Edited by Vektor

26 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I am not counting the +1 quota for Sweden, because it won't be official until Spain decides which quota is the one they don't want.

Athlete quotas

15 quotas

:GER 

13 quotas

:HUN 

12 quotas

:RUS :BLR 

10 quotas

:AUS :CHN :UKR 

9 quotas

:CAN :POL 

8 quotas

:JPN :FRA 

7 quotas

:ESP 

6 quotas

:POR 

5 quotas

:SVK 

4 quotas

:CZE :CUB :DEN :NZL 

3 quotas

:ITA 

2 quotas

:SRB :BRA :ROU :BEL :SLO :CHI :UZB 

1 quota

:GBR :USA 

Serbia really underperformed here.

In which disciplines Germany didnt qualify?

Just now, ChandlerMne said:

Serbia really underperformed here.

In which disciplines Germany didnt qualify?

Germany is missing 2 quotas in women's kayak and 1 in women's canoe.

Meanwhile everybody in Hungary thinks that we got 12 quotas, including our coach. lol, ICF, you need to do something about this system, because nobody can understand it. 

Wikipedia says that Belarus has 13 quotas, but shouldn't that +1 reallocation quota go to Czech Republic? The qualification system favors C2 over C1, and Czech Republic only needs +1 quota to fill their C2 boat, because Martin Fuksa already has one from C1. 

Just now, Vektor said:

Wikipedia says that Belarus has 13 quotas, but shouldn't that +1 reallocation quota go to Czech Republic? The qualification system favors C2 over C1, and Czech Republic only needs +1 quota to fill their C2 boat, because Martin Fuksa already has one from C1. 

Overall there is only one reallocated place, meaning that only C1 can be filled. Qualification system doesn't assume that 9th placed boat in C2 already has an athlete qualified in C1.

#banbestmen