website statistics

Sprint Canoeing ICF World Championships 2019

Totallympics

17 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I have one more question about a qualification: if a nation can only win one athlete quota after the WCh, because it already has 5, can that nation compete in the K2 European qualification event? 

Yes provided that they did not qualify in the K2 event. They can qualify only one athlete quota (or decline the K1 quota) and are not allowed to use any of the five athletes that qualified previously.

Edited by JoshMartini007

Just now, dcro said:

Based on the performance here, we could potentially expect :STP to qualify at the African Games next week.

They qualified someone to Rio 2016 if I remember correctly...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Yes provided that they did not qualify in the K2 event. They can qualify only one athlete quota (or decline the K1 quota) and are not allowed to use any of the five athletes that qualified previously.

What if they qualify 6 athletes (instead of @Vektor as it seems, I believe in Dóra Lucz)? Can they start in K2 based on double start of these 6 athletes or do they need to qualify the K2 (then do it need to be other athletes than these six?).

Just now, Vojthas said:

What if they qualify 6 athletes (instead of @Vektor as it seems, I believe in Dóra Lucz)? Can they start in K2 based on double start of these 6 athletes or do they need to qualify the K2 (then do it need to be other athletes than these six?).

I think if they qualify 6 quotas, they can use these 6 athletes in the disciplines they want to.

Same is true for 4 or 5 athletes. Basically, if they qualify nothing but a K4, they can theoretically start in any event they want.

Edited by EselTheDonkey

On 20/08/2019 at 10:59, EselTheDonkey said:

During the Finals in Berlin, the German Coach said in an interview, that they nominated the team to win as many quota places for the OIympics as possible and that medals at the World Championships are secondary this time. Remember that an athlete can only win one quota place, even if he competes in several disciplines.

I don't really get this strategy, but in the end it probably won't matter. Germany only needs the following athletes to qualify:

Lemke

Rauhe

Liebscher

Hoff

Rendschmidt

Schopf

Brendel

Oeltze

Kretschmer

Those guys have a good chance of winning 5 golds in Tokyo and all you have to do to qualify those guys is to win quota places in K2 1000 m, K4 500 m, C2 1000 m and C1 1000 m, the other events are irrelevant from a german perspective. Of course it would be nice if the women's K4 would qualify as well, but Germany has no chance at gold in any women's events, so those are not as important as the men's events.

In Tokyo next year the boats should look like this on the men's side:

K1 200 m: Liebscher/Rauhe

K1 1000 m: Rendschmidt

K2 1000 m: Hoff + Schopf

K4 500 m: Rauhe + Lemke + Rendschmidt + Liebscher

C1 1000 m: Brendel

C2 1000 m: Oeltze + Kretschmer

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

54 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

They can start in the K2 as double starters. Basically the point of the boat quota is that the nation must also start in that event (eg. they can't qualify four athletes in the K4 and not compete in that event at the Olympics)

Edited by JoshMartini007