Sprint Canoeing ICF World Championships 2019

Totallympics

btw, 8 athletes in the WK2 final are also in K4 boats:

:POL Karolina NAJA / Anna PULAWSKA

:BLR Maryna LITVINCHUK / Volha KHUDZENKA

:UKR Mariya POVKH

:AUS Caitlin RYAN

:FRA Sarah GUYOT / Manon HOSTENS

So there's a chance that we will see a lot of reallocation. 

Just now, Vektor said:

btw, 8 athletes in the WK2 final are also in K4 boats:

:POL Karolina NAJA / Anna PULAWSKA

:BLR Maryna LITVINCHUK / Volha KHUDZENKA

:UKR Mariya POVKH

:AUS Caitlin RYAN

:FRA Sarah GUYOT / Manon HOSTENS

So there's a chance that we will see a lot of reallocation. 

Now I wonder how reallocation works if :UKR:AUS "qualify" in both. One more place in K1?

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Now I wonder how reallocation works if :UKR:AUS "qualify" in both. One more place in K1?

On completion of the 2019 ICF Canoe Sprint World Championships all remaining athlete quota places which have been released as a result of athletes qualifying for more than one athlete quota place in different boat classes, will be grouped together in four separate pools as follows:

a. Men Kayak events;

b. Female Kayak events;

c. Male Canoe events; and

d. Female Canoe events

So there will be a Women's kayak pool and they will fill K4 boats with it. 

There are 3 guaranteed quotas for 3 non-European nations (1 per continent) in K4 IF they reach the finals, so here are the nations who are in the SFs.

Men's K4

Asia - :JPN :KOR :CHN :KAZ :UZB 

Oceania - :AUS 

Americas - :CAN :ARG 

Women's K4

Oceania - :NZL :AUS (New Zealand is already in the final)

Asia - :CHN :JPN 

Americas - :CAN :MEX 

So some of these nations can potentially qualify with just a Top18 placement. 

Just now, JoshMartini007 said:

Yeah, so basically, if all five of those nations qualify in the women's K2 and K4 events then two more boats will qualify in K4.

Probably more than 2, because the document says that they are "filling" the boats, which I think means that they are only giving athlete quotas to nations with the reallocation who didn't directly qualify at least 4 athletes in Men's or Women's kayak. 

And for example if a nation already has 2 athlete quotas, they will only get 2 more with the reallocation to fill the K4 boat, not 4. 

Edited by Vektor

Just now, Vektor said:

Probably more than 2, because the document says that they are "filling" the boats, which I think means that they are only giving athlete quotas to nations with the reallocation who didn't directly qualify at least 4 athletes in Men's or Women's kayak. 

Does that mean, that if for example a federation qualifies one K2 and one K1, they will get reallocated one quota place, so that they have filled their K4? Or do I misunderstand it?

Just now, Vektor said:

While true, they mean they are filling the K4 boats. So lets say the next highest ranked boat had an athlete that already qualified a spot in the K1 event so they would only use three quotas to fill the boat, but should that K1 athlete not compete in the K4 they would be given four athlete quotas

Just now, JoshMartini007 said:

While true, they mean they are filling the K4 boats. So lets say the next highest ranked boat had an athlete that already qualified a spot in the K1 event so they would only use three quotas to fill the boat, but should that K1 athlete not compete in the K4 they would be given four athlete quotas

Well... this is the one part I am not 100% sure about. I mean, if a nation already 2 athlete quotas, it would be weird if they get 4 more with the reallocation thanks to an 11th place in K4. 

I mean...

The remaining athlete quota places in each of the Male and Female Kayak pools will be reallocated to the highest ranked NOCs not yet qualified in the relevant K4 event at the 2019 ICF Canoe Sprint World Championships, to enable those NOCs to fill the K4 boats.

wtf does the "enable to fill K4 boats" actually mean here? :d Wouldn't they just leave that part out of the document if it's simply about giving 4 more athlete quotas to NOCs? 

Edited by Vektor

Just now, Vektor said:

wtf does the "enable to fill K4 boats" actually mean here? :d Wouldn't they just leave that part out of the document if it's simply about giving 4 more athlete quotas to NOCs? 

Yeah, it's a bit confusing, but I think it's written so a nation won't automatically get four athlete quotas due to the whole one athlete, one quota mantra. At the same time it would be unfair to force a 200m athlete to compete in the 500m event.

Edited by JoshMartini007