website statistics

National Sports of Countries

Olympian1010

9 hours ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Google Trends 2.png

What's up with basketball (blue) having that weird shape every time? I can assume the main peak is the NBA Finals, but how come every year there is the same small peak, then a 'descent', then a short 'climb' and then again the major peak/NBA Finals? What is that smaller peak? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What's up with basketball (blue) having that weird shape every time? I can assume the main peak is the NBA Finals, but how come every year there is the same small peak, then a 'descent', then a short 'climb' and then again the major peak/NBA Finals? What is that smaller peak? :d 

After the descent, the NBA finals, the two small peaks are probably NBA Draft and Free agency. Between 2014-2016, I would assume one of the small peaks is the World Cup. The first real peak is the season start in NBA and Euroleague. Then the season is underway and nothing special happens, before NBA All-star where the next peak is. From that point, it's building up to the NBA Finals and Euroleague Final Four as the highest peak of the season.

Edited by wumo26

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I’m think the NCAA finals in March, msybe?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
6 hours ago, intoronto said:

Interesting...

Very surprised Diving is that high! And also that gymnastics is more popular than swimming and athletics.

It looks like American fans should avoid the NOS broadcasts during the Olympics. And not just because of the language! 'Unpopular sports' like field hockey, sailing, every cycling discipline, rowing, judo make up a large part of Dutch Olympic coverage and medal hopes! Of course athletics, swimming and gymnastics (in that order for me) do make up the 'backbone' of Olympic coverage here as well.

8 hours ago, intoronto said:

Interesting...

In Brazil, gymnastics is the second most popular sport in Tokyo. It's only behind football, of course. Also, this might surprise some people, but rhythmic gymnastics often draws more attention than artistic gymnastics around here, especially at the Pan American Games.

Source: https://www.lance.com.br/olimpiada/futebol-ginastica-sao-mais-esperados-pelo-publico-brasileiro-para-jogos-olimpicos-toquio.html

1 hour ago, nenad said:

I would take those numbers with a huge chunk of salt. Their polls can't predict presidential race in US even though they poll it million times, now I'm suppose to beleive they nailed summer olympic sports... 

This misconception is just so annoying. The 2016 national polls underestimated Trump less than the 2012 polls underestimated Obama, or that the French polls in 2017 underestimated Macron. How good or bad polls are is very state dependent, too. Ohio and Michigan polls have been sort of garbage recently, compared to polls of say Georgia that have consistently been spot-on.