website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB Intercontinental Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2019

Totallympics

Just now, Benolympique said:

Can Argentina and Russia be disqualified?

Yes.

Spoiler

If for example they'd be caught with massive doping in the team or something. Not because of this thing that's not even really a thing :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Considering the current FIVB ranking, if Iran, Canada, France/Serbia, Egypt and Chile (?) qualify, the groups would be something like:

A) Japan, Italy, Poland, Argentina, Iran, Chile

B) Brazil, USA, Russia, Canada, France/Serbia, Egypt

I don't think the ranking will change much after the World Cup, maybe we could have Russia instead of Italy or Poland.

Imo the worst scenario from this point of view is the one in which both Bulgaria/Germany/Slovenia and Cuba manage to qualify, we would have:

A) Japan, Italy, Poland, Iran, Egypt, Chile

B) Brazil , USA , Russia, Argentina, Bulgaria, Cuba

Italy is doing really great in team sports so far, but i am not really sure about their chances in the remaining team sports? As far as i know their chances in handball, basketball, hockey and rugby aren't great.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Justo ahora, OlympicsFan dijo:

Italy is doing really great in team sports so far, but i am not really sure about their chances in the remaining team sports? As far as i know their chances in handball, basketball, hockey and rugby aren't great.

They are already out in everything except men's basketball and women's hockey. I think they would have some chance in basketball if they were to host the final qualification tournament. In hockey their chance is like 10% I'd say. 

4 Italian teams are already qualified (M and W volleyball, M water polo, softball)

Still in contention:

W water polo: very big chance

W 3x3 basketball and Baseball: good chance

M basketball: small chance 

W field hockey: tiny chance

The rest are out.

Just now, Dunadan said:

4 Italian teams are already qualified (M and W volleyball, M water polo, softball)

Still in contention:

W water polo: very big chance

W 3x3 basketball and Baseball: good chance

M basketball: small chance 

W field hockey: tiny chance

The rest are out.

Baseball...small chance...NED (or, as they say, the Kingdom of the Netherlands :whistle::lol:) are way much better than ITA...still, on a given day, there's always the chance to win a baseball game (and the OQ is gonna go down to just 1 single game)...

on the other previews, I agree at 100%...

and I can also add that our only regret is the men's football team...in the other disciplines we missed out, we weren't really expected to qualify, meanwhile where we were expected to succeed, we did it (except for women's waterpolo)...

hace 13 horas, Dunadan dijo:

Considering the current FIVB ranking, if Iran, Canada, France/Serbia, Egypt and Chile (?) qualify, the groups would be something like:

A) Japan, Italy, Poland, Argentina, Iran, Chile

B) Brazil, USA, Russia, Canada, France/Serbia, Egypt

I don't think the ranking will change much after the World Cup, maybe we could have Russia instead of Italy or Poland.

Imo the worst scenario from this point of view is the one in which both Bulgaria/Germany/Slovenia and Cuba manage to qualify, we would have:

A) Japan, Italy, Poland, Iran, Egypt, Chile

B) Brazil , USA , Russia, Argentina, Bulgaria, Cuba

Canada and Argentina have a distance of only 6 points, clearly that would be the most likely change after the World cup. So clearly I hope either we finish below them at that competition or that they fail to qualify for OG :d pool B is always be the worst at OG, both men and women.