:RUS Stepan Maryanyan vs :ARM Slavik Galstyan

-72kg
:RUS Abuiazid Mantsigov vs :HUN Balint Korpasi
:BUL Aik Mnatsakanian vs :UZB Aram Vardanyan

-82kg
:IRI Saeid Abdevali vs :AZE Rafig Huseynov
:GEO Lasha Gobadze vs :UZB Nurbek Khashimbekov

5 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

India greco hopes are very modest deservedly.......  Last time we won 1 bout.    This time our Asian championship was good so may be win a few bouts and for one wrestler to reach QF 

Well today we did not win a single bout ... :wall:.........i hope we can do something better tomorrow ..... my more realistic goals for India now is maybe that uzbeks and iranians get quota places tomorrow ....... may be allowing us to squeeze a quota or two at the asians 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Draws for tomorrow are out. Interestingly, we have our first batch of qualified wrestlers. There are only 4 wrestlers in 130kg : RUS, USA, KOR and EST. :yikes:

I don't know what happened to rest? All failed the weight? Also, since there were 6 quotas on offer here, will the remaining 2 quotas be added to final qualification tournament? 

P.S. @MHSN Heiki Nabi's luck strikes again. 

Just now, Dolby said:

Draws for tomorrow are out. Interestingly, we have our first batch of qualified wrestlers. There are only 4 wrestlers in 130kg : RUS, USA, KOR and EST. :yikes:

I don't know what happened to rest? All failed the weight? Also, since there were 6 quotas on offer here, will the remaining 2 quotas be added to final qualification tournament? 

it's impossible...there should be a mistake in the website layout...

there are 32 wrestlers in this class in the entry list...

Edited by phelps

Just now, Dolby said:

This is just a software mistake, the weight-in isn't in the same time as the draw. but the next day morning. we will have 130kg draw tomorrow.

36 minutes ago, phelps said:

wow! it looks like our dear friend @MHSN is in top shape :d he got basically all of his previews right so far...:hatoff:

:raspberry: but actually I had high hopes for our 72kg rep, secretly I was considering him a gold medal favorite but damn he was beyond terrible. just a shadow of himself and ruined my mood in the first match of the day. this kid is a multiple world junior champion. VERY talented but it seems talent is not enough in this stage, you need character too. maybe next time.

but Abdevali beating Russia somehow made up for that. now he has gold medal to lose. none of these remaining guys are his match. our 63kg Delkhani will most probably have to wrestle for the bronze. he has a good chance, no excuse if he blows it. Maryanyan is too good for everybody.

the biggest surprise in the semifinal is Khashimbekov, this guy used to lose to everybody. I remember even 4th tier Iranian wrestlers had beaten him before. I wonder if he improved amazingly or he just got lucky and beat the European Champion by accident (didn't watch this one but since it was a fall, it can be an accident)

here is my prediction about the semifinals

55: Azizli vs Tsurtsumia

63: Maryanyan vs Ota

72: Mnat-lucky-ian vs Mantsigov

82: Gobadze vs Abdevali

Edited by MHSN

Just checked the schedule, 130kg is indeed day after tomorrow with draw taking place tomorrow. I checked the Arena website for the draw. Over there they have listed just these 4 athletes in 130kg in Bracket, Entry List, Ranking and even in Participants Table. :facepalm:

Sorry for the alarm. :red:

Just to make sure I get it right, semi finals today start at 14:00 CET? Watching all these different sports is confusing, I just now realized there's no finals at all today :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!