website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2019

Totallympics

Just now, phelps said:

thanks a lot...:yes

about the Iranian names, I tried to guess...and I must admit that I guess right for most of them...

the only 2 I was wrong are Kavianinejad (I'd have cut the -nejad part) and Ghasemi-Monjezi (I didn't expect he keeps the double family name)...

and of course I'd have missed all the double given names (the Mohammad part for Yazdani in the 65kg FS, the Ali part for Geraei and the Hadi part for Saravi)...

the rest, I guessed right...:d

-nejad is a suffix. not a separate part. something like -zadeh or -pour. you should not drop it. even though I heard his coach calling him just Amin Kaviani, but in media he is Kavianinejad

and about Ghasemi-Monjazi. it's not like he keeps or drops the second part. not probably his own decision, he is just known this way. :d (don't know why really, maybe because Ghasemi is a common surname in Iran) there are some rare exceptions like this. but in 95% you can drop the second part.

Just now, nitinsanker said:

Is this my feeling but this event seems really too long for having just 8 categories and not even having the women here 

Who said Women are not there? Also, there are 10 categories here and not just 8 Olympic categories. So, in all 30 categories. Plus, each weight class schedule spread over 2 days resulting in a slightly longer tournament. 

Just now, Dolby said:

Who said Women are not there? Also, there are 10 categories here and not just 8 Olympic categories. So, in all 30 categories. Plus, each weight class schedule spread over 2 days resulting in a slightly longer tournament. 

I think he wanted to write that post in the AIBA Boxing Worlds thread...:mumble:

Edited by phelps

Just now, phelps said:

I think he wanted to write that post in the AIBA Boxing Worlds...:mumble:

Phelps you are brilliant ...... ?..... thats just what i wanted to do and posted here by mistake 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Just now, phelps said:

I think he wanted to write that post in the AIBA Boxing Worlds...:mumble:

Yeah he mixed up the corrupt world champs threads :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, nitinsanker said:

I think AIBA is a class apart and honestly I thought wrestling relatively clean ? 

I suggest you think again :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!