website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2019

Totallympics

The freestyle competition started with controversy. for the biggest match of the first round. Haji Aliyev scored a takedown in last 4 seconds but then after the challenge they gave the score to the Russian Rashidov. and then Aliyev got mad and threw everything he had to the referees !

he is still in the list but It will be a huge surprise if they don't disqualify him and that was stupid. when you lose to Russia. there is always chance to get a second chance in repechage

I have to see the action again but at least at first it looked like a robbery.

btw they made up for Azerbaijan 15 minutes later by sacrificing the Kyrgyzstani wrestler against Amiraslanov. :thumbdown: another dubious call in last 5 seconds.

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

I expectef something more for Campagna :nopompom:

yeah, this is a huge disappointment...

even Caneva lost badly in Round #1...

I fear that no Italian is well prepared for this event...they just can't win a match and lose also to people they already defeated in the past tournaments this season...:facepalm:

@phelps you should learn from Hungary to be so fast. they found Musukaev only few months ago and you just saw what happened.

not a great day for Iran but it was all expected. Yazdani had no chance from the start. still he lost a very winnable match. Atri on other hands had two very close matches (he won the first match exactly in the very last second) before losing 2-0 to Uguev and he had the golden chance for 2pts takedown in the last minute. just missed it. even if Uguev wins the semifinal, Atri still has to wrestle the winner of AZE or MGL. still a very tough task .

Indian 57kg surprised me, I wrote you can never underestimate India in this light weights but still his results were very surprising. I can't say "good luck" for him in the semifinal for obvious reasons. even though it's always hard for me to cheer for Russia in wrestling but that's how repechage works !

what's amazing is they still didn't disqualify Aliyev ! they had to bring the entire Nur-Sultan police to remove him from the arena. it will be the biggest scandal ever if they let him wrestle the repechage. I know he got robbed but his reaction was unbelievable.

Just now, MHSN said:

@phelps you should learn from Hungary to be so fast. they found Musukaev only few months ago and you just saw what happened.

not a great day for Iran but it was all expected. Yazdani had no chance from the start. still he lost a very winnable match. Atri on other hands had two very close matches (he won the first match exactly in the very last second) before losing 2-0 to Uguev and he had the golden chance for 2pts takedown in the last minute. just missed it. even if Uguev wins the semifinal, Atri still has to wrestle the winner of AZE or MGL. still a very tough task .

Indian 57kg surprised me, I wrote you can never underestimate India in this light weights but still his results were very surprising. I can't say "good luck" for him in the semifinal for obvious reasons. even though it's always hard for me to cheer for Russia in wrestling but that's how repechage works !

what's amazing is they still didn't disqualify Aliyev ! they had to bring the entire Nur-Sultan police to remove him from the arena. it will be the biggest scandal ever if they let him wrestle the repechage. I know he got robbed but his reaction was unbelievable.

What about chances for Atli?

2 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

What about chances for Atli?

I said last night that I consider that Atli-Sanayev match 60-40 for Sanayev. and I wasn't wrong. Sanayev was a bit better but Atli survived in the last seconds. so Micic has a VERY good chance for the quota. but the Italian Davidovi is also got some good results recently. that won't be piece of cake.

btw Bajrang got robbed in the semis. that 4pts throw was dubious at best and after that the center referee (who happened to be from Iran) called 1pt and 2pts for Bajrang in 3-4 times but the other two refs rejected him.