website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2019

Totallympics

Women's Wrestling, Day #6 Finals

-57kg
Gold Medal match: :CHN Rong Ningning vs :JPN Risako Kawai
Bronze Medal match #1: :POL Jowita Maria Wrzesien vs :RUS Marina Simonyan / :BLR Iryna Kurachkina
Bronze Medal match #2: :NGR Odunayo Folasade Adekuoroye vs :MDA Anastasia Nichita / :ECU Lissette Alexandra Antes Castillo / :MGL Tserenchimed Sukhee

Olympic Quota so far: :CHN / :POL / :NGR / :JPN

-59kg
Gold Medal match: :CAN Linda Morais vs :RUS Ljubov Ovcharova
Bronze Medal match #1: :MGL Shoovdor Baatarjav vs :AZE Tetiana Omelchenko / :UKR Anhelina Lysak
Bronze Medal match #2: :IND Pooja Dhanda vs :CHN Pei Xingru / :UZB Gulnora Toshpulatova

-65kg
Gold Medal match: :RUS Inna Trazhukova vs :UKR Iryna Koliadenko
Bronze Medal match #1: :AZE Elis Manolova vs :BUL Yuliana Vasileva Yaneva / :KAZ Aina Temirtassova / :KOR Choi Se Eun
Bronze Medal match #2: :USA Forrest Ann Molinari vs :CHN Wang Xiaoqian / :MGL Bolortuya Khurelkhuu

-76kg
Gold Medal match: :JPN Hiroe Minagawa Suzuki vs :USA Adeline Maria Gray
Bronze Medal match #1: :EST Epp Maee vs :CHN Zhou Qian / :BRA Aline Da Silva Ferreira / :NGR Blessing Joy Oniebuchi
Bronze Medal match #2: :GER Aline Rotter Focken vs :TPE Chang Hui Tsz / :KAZ Elmira Syzdykova / :ITA Eleni Pjollaj

Olympic Quota so far: :JPN / :EST / :USA / :GER

41 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Looking forward to seeing @MHSN‘s reaction on final quarter of 65kg. :rolleyes:

:d we have a very young wrestler in this weight. 18 if I'm not wrong. I didn't expect anything here but after I saw the top half. anybody could at least win the quota from the top half. but well I'm getting used to it . :d we will see if we finally get a "good draw" in next two days or not.

btw I will bore you guys with more details about these 2 men's freestyle weights later today. top half is easy to predict though for both weights.

Women's Wrestling, Day #5 Medallists (and Olympic Quota)

-50kg
Gold: :AZE Mariya Stadnik
Silver: :ROU Emilia Alina Vuc
Bronze: :KAZ Valentina Islamova Brik & :RUS Ekaterina Poleshchuk

Olympic Quota for: :ROU / :AZE / :KAZ / :CHN / :UKR / :RUS

-53kg
Gold: :PRK Pak Yong Mi
Silver: :JPN Mayu Mukaida
Bronze: :IND Vinesh & :CHN Pang Qianyu

Olympic Quota for: :JPN / :PRK / :GRE / :CHN / :IND / :POL

-55kg
Gold: :USA Jacarra Gwenisha Winchester
Silver: :JPN Nanami Irie
Bronze: :RUS Olga Khoroshtavtseva & :MGL Bolortuya Bat Ochir

-72kg
Gold: :RUS Natalia Vorobeva
Silver: :UKR Alina Berezhna Stadnyk Makhynia
Bronze: :CHN Paliha & :JPN Masako Furuichi

I don't know how many people even read my previews. I had no intention to continue it but then it's better to finish when you start something. I make it very short this time

1) between Atli and Micic. the Serbian beat Atli last time but I think Atli will be slightly the favorite this time. Micic has 2 shots at the Olympic spot. his own match vs Atli and then Atli vs Sanayev in the semifinal. that's a pretty good chance even though I'm not going to pick him both matches are something like 60-40 against him.

2) Sanayev (or Artas Sanaa as his birth Russian name) no doubt. this is the dream draw and if he makes it to the final. one of these guys will win the quota luckily.

3) there are few big names here. Takahashi of Japan is my pick but then that American Fix is doing great recently. the Armenian kid is the Euro Champ at 61kg. he was amazing at the Euro but I don't know how he makes weight for 57kg. if he makes the weight properly he will be a big favorites. also never count India out in lighter weights.

4) as usual the 4th quarter is the toughest one. Uguev is the favorite but then we have European Games Champion Amiraslanov. Asian Games champion Bekhbayar, Asian Champion Atri from Iran, World bronze medalist Yutsenko, 3 times Asian finalists Kang of PRK + Andreyev. obviously Uguev is the first pick but I have hard time to pick another one for the repechage.

my picks: :TUR:KAZ:MDA:JPN:RUS:MGL

1) Bajrang, no doubt. and he will most probably bring one of these guys to the Olympics with himself. I see 5 or 6 wrestlers in the same level in that part. will be an interesting battle between them.

2) another easy quarter. I think it will be between Mongolia and Kazakhstan, no chance for the loser because the winner is going to lose to Bajrang in the semis

3) this is an OK draw, Khinch is the clear favorite but don't count the Hungarian Musuakev out (they just took him from Russia !) the Turkish guy is always seeded high but I don't think he can beat those 2 guys but there is a chance for him.

4) this is the worst possible draw for everybody in that quarter. only 67kg Greco was as bad as this. if I had to name 7 candidates for the gold medal. 5 of them are here (+ Bajrang and Khinch) Rashidov vs Aliyev in this first round will be the great. and the winner will get the World Champion Otoguro in the 3rd round. we also have Valdes and Retherford in this part of the draw. I see no chance for our youngster here.

my picks: :IND:MGL:POL:GEO:JPN:AZE

Edited by MHSN

Just now, MHSN said:

I don't know how many people even read my previews. I had no intention to continue it but then it's better to finish when you start something. I make it very short this time

1) between Atli and Micic. the Serbian beat Atli last time but I think Atli will be slightly the favorite this time. Micic has 2 shots at the Olympic spot. his own match vs Atli and then Atli vs Sanayev in the semifinal. that's a pretty good chance even though I'm not going to pick him both matches are something like 60-40 against him.

2) Sanayev (or Artas Sanaa as his birth Russian name) no doubt. this is the dream draw and if he makes it to the final. one of these guys will win the quota luckily.

3) there are few big names here. Takahashi of Japan is my pick but then that American Fix is doing great recently. the Armenian kid is the Euro Champ at 61kg. he was amazing at the Euro but I don't know how he makes weight for 57kg. if he makes the weight properly he will be a big favorites. also never count India out in lighter weights.

4) as usual the 5th quarter is the toughest one. Uguev is the favorite but then we have European Games Champion Amiraslanov. Asian Games champion Bekhbayar, Asian Champion Atri from Iran, World bronze medalist Yutsenko, 3 times Asian finalists Kang of PRK + Andreyev. obviously Uguev is the first pick but I have hard time to pick another one for the repechage.

my picks: :TUR:KAZ:MDA:JPN:RUS:MGL

1) Bajrang, no doubt. and he will most probably bring one of these guys to the Olympics with himself. I see 5 or 6 wrestlers in the same level in that part. will be an interesting battle between them.

2) another easy quarter. I think it will be between Mongolia and Kazakhstan, no chance for the loser because the winner is going to lose to Bajrang in the semis

3) this is an OK draw, Khinch is the clear favorite but don't count the Hungarian Musuakev out (they just took him from Russia !) the Turkish guy is always seeded high but I don't think he can beat those 2 guys but there is a chance for him.

4) this is the worst possible draw for everybody in that quarter. only 67kg Greco was as bad as this. if I had to name 7 candidates for the gold medal. 5 of them are here (+ Bajrang and Khinch) Rashidov vs Aliyev in this first round will be the great. and the winner will get the World Champion Otoguro in the 3rd round. we also have Valdes and Retherford in this part of the draw. I see no chance for our youngster here.

my picks: :IND:MGL:POL:GEO:JPN:AZE

I'm always reading them with a lot of interest...;)

should you stop doing them, it would be a big loss for the forum...:cry:

p.s. the 5th quarter :yikes: are we talking about the slaughter of a calf? :p:lol:

Edited by phelps

finally, a decent (dream) draw also for us...Aurora Campagna (silver medallist at this year's European Champs) has a real shot at the semis (and the consequential Olympic Quota)...

it would be really important for us to earn at least 1 quota (other than Chamizo's, of course)...

even Davidovi is not so badly placed...he's going to lose vs Atli in the second round, but with a bit of luck, the Turkish guy could send him through the repechage, where it would be between him and Micic to go through to the bronze medal game (and the OQ)...

well, maybe here I'm a bit optimistic...but we don't have anything better to put our hopes on...:cry::facepalm:

Przed chwilą, bestmen napisał:

Historically and basically this sport is Italo-Greek , shame they don't dominate 

Historically this sport is French (Greco-Roman) and American (Freestyle), antique wrestling was compeletely different discipline than modern :p 

Edited by Col_Frost