website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2019

Totallympics

Interesting to see that the best male french wrestler is russian and that the only competitive italian wrestler is cuban ...

If Cuba wouldn't lose half of their elite athletes to european countries (Poland, Italy, Spain, Portugal) they would be even better than they already are.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 hours ago, Dolby said:

I am hopeful that our youngster Deepak Punia will be able to make the most of this dream draw and get both quota and medal. 

Also, what is the Turkish policy on competing against Israel? 

I am really hoping to see Deepak do well , he is a wrestker I have been following since the cadets , and at just 18 he is phenomenally talented and has been in good form as he won the junior gold ( Indias first ) but still a junior so lacks the power of some of the seniors but still keeping my fingers crossed 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Finally the last day

86:

1) I don't know how but this guy Erdin is always world #1 even though in reality he is nowhere close ! but at least that gave him a very easy draw. he is obviously the favorite from this quarter, and since he is also favorite for going to the final, the next best guy Friev from Spain has a good chance for the Olympic quota.

2) this quarter is even easier, the first round match between Deepak of India and Davlumbayev will be a decider, the only half good wrestler in this quarter is from Colombia ! I'm also curious about the Jamaican guy who grew up in US wrestling system.

3) once again our wrestler is in the toughest quarter, but only this time he is the "bad draw" for anybody. I think the only wrestler in the whole competition with a chance to beat Yazdani is Naifonov from Russia and they will meet each other in the QF if Naifonov survives Gostiyev.

4) this one is balanced, lots of good wrestlers but there is no huge favorite. it sounds like exaggeration but I think all 15 wrestlers in that quarter stand a chance more or less. Shabanov of BLR and the Cuban are my first picks but we also have Dudarov, Makoev even the American Dawney . the bad news is only one from this quarter will qualify for the Olympics.

my picks: :TUR:IND:ESP:IRI:BLR:RUS

97:

1) only 5 wrestlers here, we have a clear favorite, Kyle Snyder. he is not that unbeatable but I think he can handle all these guys. he most probably will qualify another wrestler with himself too. I think it will be between Saritov and Ibragimov.

2) if we consider Snyder and the Russian tank as tier 1. we have lots of tier 2 wrestlers in this quarter, making it the "toughest" quarter IMO, even though that's possible for the winner to upset Snyder in the semis but still Snyder will be the huge favorite, so these guys know most probably only one of them will qualify. we have 7 wrestlers here, KOR is alrady out. I also don't think there is a chance for Turkey (he is good though) , it will be close for the rest I want to have a bold prediction here and give it to Iran.

3) once again Kazakhstan is in the easier quarter ?! surprise ! but I think despite being in the easiest part, the Kazakh is not the favorite. even though there is a chance for everybody but I think it will be between MGL and KAZ, with KGZ being 3rd behind them.

4) Sadullaev no question , the only question is who is going to win the repechage ? I think it will be between Ceban and Nurov.

my picks: :USA:IRI:UZB:MGL:RUS:MDA

I think as per MHSN..... Deepak has a good shot...... And rahul aware in 61 has a shot so excited about tomorrow it has been a great WCH with the first time India having 3 medals....   One more would be toooooooo awesome ??

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Men's Freestyle Wrestling, Day #7 Medallists (and Olympic Quota places)

-57kg
Gold: :RUS Zavur Uguev
Silver: :TUR Suleyman Atli
Bronze: :IND Kumar Ravi & :KAZ Nurislam Sanayev

Olympic Quota for: :TUR / :KAZ / :RUS / :IND / :SRB / :IRI

-65kg
Gold: :RUS Gadzhimurad Rashidov
Silver: :KAZ Daulet Niyazbekov
Bronze: :IND Bajrang & :HUN Iszmail Muszukaejev

Olympic Quota for: :RUS / :HUN / :KAZ / :IND / :JPN / :MGL

Women's Wrestling, Day #7 Medallists (and Olympic Quota places)

-62kg
Gold: :KGZ Aisuluu Tynybekova
Silver: :BUL Taybe Mustafa Yusein
Bronze: :SWE Henna Katarina Johansson & :JPN Yukako Kawai

Olympic Quota for: :BUL / :HUN / :KGZ / :PRK / :SWE / :JPN

-68kg
Gold: :USA Tamyra Mariama Mensah
Silver: :SWE Anna Jenny Eva Maria Fransson
Bronze: :GER Anna Carmen Schell & :MGL Battsetseg Soronzonbold

Olympic Quota for: :UKR / :SWE / :GER / :USA / :JPN / :MGL