website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2019

Totallympics

à l’instant, MHSN a dit :

2nd day of freestyle

1) looks very easy for Chamizo, the only who can challenge him is the Kazakh guy. who will most probably qualify through repechage.

2) Kentchadze is the clear favorite but it won't be very easy for him, we have Khadjiev, Nedealco, and 2 more from UKR and ARM. but they have to beat Kentchandze because there is no repechage because of Chamizo in the semifinal.

3) very very easy for Sidakov, and if he manages to beat Burroughs (or anybody else) in the semifinal. one of these guys will be in the Olympics ! it's hard to pick any of them. bunch of mediocre wrestlers. Ireally had hard time to pick any of them. I go with Japan even though I don't know this guy. only because their main wrestler is a good one and if this guy beats Fujinami he is probably good too.

4) as usual 15 wrestlers in this quarter, so many candidates, but of course the main candidate is Jordan Burroughs. I think Abdurakhmanov is the next best guy in this quarter, we also have Demirtas and the Azerbaijani wrestler, and again Gomez, Nurikov, a Russian from Hungary. plus 2 grandpa coming back after a big while, Garzon of Cuba and of course Sushil Kumar !!! and I don't even mention our wrestler, he is the worst.

my picks: :ITA:GEO:KAZ:RUS:USA:JPN

1) this is funny, Geno is already in the semifinal no doubt, but there are 6 other below average wrestlers here and one of them will go to the Olympics when Geno wins the semifinal. I don't know these guys and had to search about them. I think this is the best possible chance for all of them. the Syrian guy is actually from Russia (with Syrian heritage) I don't know anything about him but he is Russia after all !

2) this is probably the toughest "quarter" because if we consider Geno and Akgul as tier 1, we have 5 Tier 2 wrestlers here. and only one of them will go to the Olympics because the winner will lose to Geno. both Iran and Russia have last minute replacements here, I assume they are not in the best possible shape, to me it will be between UKR or USA. but of course all of those 5 guys stand a good chance.

3) piece of cake for Taha, and most probably a quota for Ligeti. maybe only the Indian guy Sumit has something like 10% chance to upset Ligeti. this one was easy to predict.

4) Ding is the 2nd seed and world silver medalist but I still I can't consider him the favorite, we have Magomedov here, I also don't know about his shape. I expect Ding and Magomedov to face in the QF but that's not a sure thing. one thing is guaranteed, only one wrestler will qualify from this quarter.

my picks: :GEO:UKR:AUT:TUR:AZE:HUN

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I assume people are less interested in non-Olympic weights but finally we have someone with a very easy draw :d yayyy :d I think we will have semifinalists in both of these non-Olympic weights. not just because they were lucky. they were also better wrestlers comparing to our team members in "olympic weights"

Any luck with French Zelimkhan Khadjiev to go to the Olympic ?

Just now, ofan said:

So what's the deal with non-Olympic weight classes? Could you qualify a quota in an Olympic weight class, and then have a wrestler from another weight class lose/gain weight to take the quota?

Quota places are allocated to NOC not wrestlers. NOC can win only one quota in each weight class. Wrestler can win only one quota across all weight classes. 

49 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

Any luck with French Zelimkhan Khadjiev to go to the Olympic ?

he has a chance but he has to win his first match vs Kentchandze. won't be easy at all. or if he loses he can pray for Kentchadze to upsets Chamizo in the semifinal.

I think Khadjiev's chance isn't higher than 10%. but I know he is a tricky wrestler.

Women's Wrestling, Day #6 Medallists (and Olympic Quota places)

-57kg
Gold: :JPN Risako Kawai
Silver: :CHN Rong Ningning
Bronze: :NGR Odunayo Folasade Adekuoroye & :BLR Iryna Kurachkina

Olympic Quota for: :CHN / :POL / :NGR / :JPN / :BLR / :MDA

-59kg
Gold: :CAN Linda Morais
Silver: :RUS Ljubov Ovcharova
Bronze: :MGL Shoovdor Baatarjav & :CHN Pei Xingru

-65kg
Gold: :RUS Inna Trazhukova
Silver: :UKR Iryna Koliadenko
Bronze: :AZE Elis Manolova & :CHN Wang Xiaoqian

-76kg
Gold: :USA Adeline Maria Gray
Silver: :JPN Hiroe Minagawa Suzuki
Bronze: :GER Aline Rotter Focken & :EST Epp Maee

Olympic Quota for: :JPN / :EST / :USA / :GER / :CHN / :KAZ

20 hours ago, phelps said:

Women's Wrestling, Day #7 Finals

-62kg
Gold Medal match: :BUL Taybe Mustafa Yusein vs :KGZ Aisuluu Tynybekova
Bronze Medal match #1: :HUN Marianna Sastin vs :SWE Henna Katarina Johansson / :ROU Kriszta Tunde Incze / :CHN Luo Xiaojuan
Bronze Medal match #2: :PRK Rim Jong Sim vs :UKR Yuliia Tkach Ostapchuk / :JPN Yukako Kawai / :MEX Alejandra Romero Bonilla

Olympic Quota for: :BUL / :HUN / :KGZ / :PRK / :SWE / :JPN

-68kg
Gold Medal match: :USA Tamyra Mariama Mensah vs :SWE Anna Jenny Eva Maria Fransson
Bronze Medal match #1: :GER Anna Carmen Schell vs :JPN Sara Dosho / :NGR Blessing Oborodudu / :NZL Michelle Yvonne Montague
Bronze Medal match #2: :UKR Alla Cherkasova vs :MGL Battsetseg Soronzonbold / :FRA Koumba Selene Fanta Larroque / :TUR Buse Tosun

Olympic Quota for: :UKR / :SWE / :GER / :USA / :JPN / :MGL

updated after this morning's repechage rounds...

20 hours ago, phelps said:

Men's Freestyle Wrestling, Day #7 Finals

-57kg
Gold Medal match: :TUR Suleyman Atli vs :RUS Zavur Uguev
Bronze Medal match #1: :KAZ Nurislam Sanayev vs :SRB Stevan Andria Micic / :ITA Givi Davidovi / :CHN Liang Shaofeng
Bronze Medal match #2: :IND Kumar Ravi vs :IRI Reza Atri / :AZE Mahir Amiraslanov / :MGL Bekhbayar Erdenebat

Olympic Quota for: :TUR / :KAZ / :RUS / :IND / :SRB / :IRI

-65kg
Gold Medal match: :RUS Gadzhimurad Rashidov vs :KAZ Daulet Niyazbekov
Bronze Medal match #1: :HUN Iszmail Muszukaejev vs :BRN Haji Mohamad Alì / :JPN Takuto Otoguro / :EGY Amr Reda Ramadan Hussen
Bronze Medal match #2: :IND Bajrang vs :MGL Tulga Tumur Ochir / :GER Alexander Semisorow / :TPE Chang Yu-Hsuan

Olympic Quota for: :RUS / :HUN / :KAZ / :IND / :JPN / :MGL

updated after this morning's repechage rounds...