website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2019

Totallympics

Just now, MHSN said:

I said last night that I consider that Atli-Sanayev match 60-40 for Sanayev. and I wasn't wrong. Sanayev was a bit better but Atli survived in the last seconds. so Micic has a VERY good chance for the quota. but the Italian Davidovi is also got some good results recently. that won't be piece of cake.

btw Bajrang got robbed in the semis. that 4pts throw was dubious at best and after that the center referee (who happened to be from Iran) called 1pt and 2pts for Bajrang in 3-4 times but the other two refs rejected him.

Kazakhi literally ran off the mat once and still no points were given to Bajrang. 

Just now, MHSN said:

I said last night that I consider that Atli-Sanayev match 60-40 for Sanayev. and I wasn't wrong. Sanayev was a bit better but Atli survived in the last seconds. so Micic has a VERY good chance for the quota. but the Italian Davidovi is also got some good results recently. that won't be piece of cake.

btw Bajrang got robbed in the semis. that 4pts throw was dubious at best and after that the center referee (who happened to be from Iran) called 1pt and 2pts for Bajrang in 3-4 times but the other two refs rejected him.

So, you think that Chinese doesnt have a chance vs Davidovi? 

Micic could be first Serbian FS wrestler at the olympics. And thats why i cheer so much for him.

Just now, ChandlerMne said:

So, you think that Chinese doesnt have a chance vs Davidovi? 

Micic could be first Serbian FS wrestler at the olympics. And thats why i cheer so much for him.

China sometimes bring unknown wrestlers and make some surprises but I think it will be between Micic and Davidovi with a very good chance for Micic.

Oh, look, Kyrgyz bully made the final. :p

https://www.rferl.org/a/kyrgyzstan-brightest-olympic-medal-hope-clears-legal-hurdle-over-fight/24652150.html

I'm surprised she's not a part of the Dutch water polo team... @heywoodu

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

33 minutes ago, MHSN said:

@phelps you should learn from Hungary to be so fast. they found Musukaev only few months ago and you just saw what happened.

not a great day for Iran but it was all expected. Yazdani had no chance from the start. still he lost a very winnable match. Atri on other hands had two very close matches (he won the first match exactly in the very last second) before losing 2-0 to Uguev and he had the golden chance for 2pts takedown in the last minute. just missed it. even if Uguev wins the semifinal, Atri still has to wrestle the winner of AZE or MGL. still a very tough task .

Indian 57kg surprised me, I wrote you can never underestimate India in this light weights but still his results were very surprising. I can't say "good luck" for him in the semifinal for obvious reasons. even though it's always hard for me to cheer for Russia in wrestling but that's how repechage works !

what's amazing is they still didn't disqualify Aliyev ! they had to bring the entire Nur-Sultan police to remove him from the arena. it will be the biggest scandal ever if they let him wrestle the repechage. I know he got robbed but his reaction was unbelievable.

we should learn quite a few things from Hungary (and no, I'm definitely not talking of the Orban's politics towards immigrants and even less of his relationships with the media -actually, in this field it's huim that learned by our former prime minister Berlusconi :whistle::facepalm:)...

p.s. my favourite protest it's still the Mongolian coach stripping off in Rio...:rofl::lol:

23 hours ago, phelps said:

Women's Wrestling, Day #6 Finals

-57kg
Gold Medal match: :CHN Rong Ningning vs :JPN Risako Kawai
Bronze Medal match #1: :POL Jowita Maria Wrzesien vs :RUS Marina Simonyan / :BLR Iryna Kurachkina
Bronze Medal match #2: :NGR Odunayo Folasade Adekuoroye vs :MDA Anastasia Nichita / :ECU Lissette Alexandra Antes Castillo / :MGL Tserenchimed Sukhee

Olympic Quota for: :CHN / :POL / :NGR / :JPN / :BLR / :MDA

-59kg
Gold Medal match: :CAN Linda Morais vs :RUS Ljubov Ovcharova
Bronze Medal match #1: :MGL Shoovdor Baatarjav vs :AZE Tetiana Omelchenko / :UKR Anhelina Lysak
Bronze Medal match #2: :IND Pooja Dhanda vs :CHN Pei Xingru / :UZB Gulnora Toshpulatova

-65kg
Gold Medal match: :RUS Inna Trazhukova vs :UKR Iryna Koliadenko
Bronze Medal match #1: :AZE Elis Manolova vs :BUL Yuliana Vasileva Yaneva / :KAZ Aina Temirtassova / :KOR Choi Se Eun
Bronze Medal match #2: :USA Forrest Ann Molinari vs :CHN Wang Xiaoqian / :MGL Bolortuya Khurelkhuu

-76kg
Gold Medal match: :JPN Hiroe Minagawa Suzuki vs :USA Adeline Maria Gray
Bronze Medal match #1: :EST Epp Maee vs :CHN Zhou Qian / :BRA Aline Da Silva Ferreira / :NGR Blessing Joy Oniebuchi
Bronze Medal match #2: :GER Aline Rotter Focken vs :TPE Chang Hui Tsz / :KAZ Elmira Syzdykova / :ITA Eleni Pjollaj

Olympic Quota for: :JPN / :EST / :USA / :GER / :CHN / :KAZ

Updated after this morning's repechage rounds...

7 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Kazakhi literally ran off the mat once and still no points were given to Bajrang. 

The match refrees are utter crap, KAZ are famous cheats and they proved it again and again,  the famous AIBA home court play comes to wrestling in a big way 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Women's Wrestling, Day #7 Finals

-62kg
Gold Medal match: :BUL Taybe Mustafa Yusein vs :KGZ Aisuluu Tynybekova
Bronze Medal match #1: :HUN Marianna Sastin vs :SWE Henna Katarina Johansson / :ROU Kriszta Tunde Incze / :CHN Luo Xiaojuan
Bronze Medal match #2: :PRK Rim Jong Sim vs :UKR Yuliia Tkach Ostapchuk / :JPN Yukako Kawai / :MEX Alejandra Romero Bonilla

Olympic Quota so far: :BUL / :HUN / :KGZ / :PRK

-68kg
Gold Medal match: :USA Tamyra Mariama Mensah vs :SWE Anna Jenny Eva Maria Fransson
Bronze Medal match #1: :GER Anna Carmen Schell vs :JPN Sara Dosho / :NGR Blessing Oborodudu / :NZL Michelle Yvonne Montague
Bronze Medal match #2: :UKR Alla Cherkasova vs :MGL Battsetseg Soronzonbold / :FRA Koumba Selene Fanta Larroque / :TUR Buse Tosun

Olympic Quota so far: :UKR / :SWE / :GER / :USA

Men's Freestyle Wrestling, Day #7 Finals

-57kg
Gold Medal match: :TUR Suleyman Atli vs :RUS Zavur Uguev
Bronze Medal match #1: :KAZ Nurislam Sanayev vs :SRB Stevan Andria Micic / :ITA Givi Davidovi / :CHN Liang Shaofeng
Bronze Medal match #2: :IND Kumar Ravi vs :IRI Reza Atri / :AZE Mahir Amiraslanov / :MGL Bekhbayar Erdenebat

Olympic Quota so far: :TUR / :KAZ / :RUS / :IND

-65kg
Gold Medal match: :RUS Gadzhimurad Rashidov vs :KAZ Daulet Niyazbekov
Bronze Medal match #1: :HUN Iszmail Muszukaejev vs :BRN Haji Mohamad Alì / :JPN Takuto Otoguro / :EGY Amr Reda Ramadan Hussen
Bronze Medal match #2: :IND Bajrang vs :MGL Tulga Tumur Ochir / :GER Alexander Semisorow / :TPE Chang Yu-Hsuan

Olympic Quota so far: :RUS / :HUN / :KAZ / :IND

Just now, dcro said:

Oh, look, Kyrgyz bully made the final. :p

https://www.rferl.org/a/kyrgyzstan-brightest-olympic-medal-hope-clears-legal-hurdle-over-fight/24652150.html

I'm surprised she's not a part of the Dutch water polo team... @heywoodu

Wait what did they do? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!