website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2019

Totallympics

Just now, hckosice said:

How is this even possible ? :d

why not ? :d this is Greco-Roman after all. it's not like they can score at will. I open 2-3 mats at the same time in my browser, of course usually I focus on just one but still watch the others too if something happens.

freestyle will be harder because there are more actions but I can handle it :d

17 minutes ago, hckosice said:

How is this even possible ? :d

if you use the UWW website, there's a wonderful mosaic with 4 windows for all the 4 mats where they wrestle at the same time...:evil:

watching all of them is normal administration, nowadays...:lol:

on the other hand, I have 4 eyes (or at least, someone used to call me that way when I was younger)...:rofl::facepalm:

Edited by phelps

Olympic quotas so far (from top half, usually the luckier guys)

60: :UKR

77: :IRI

130: :EST

Nabi actually scored himself (and didn't win just by cautions) to win the quota. that's surprising.

and Geraei had a comeback against Cataraga (who is a great athlete I have to admit) to make it 3 quotas for Iran. that was nerve wrecking .  from 0-5 to 5-5.

winning 3 quotas is a good result. I didn't expect more at all but when I'm looking back. we could win 5 actually. we got bad calls at 87 and 97. and I can say both of them got robbed in their last matches for the quota. we have nobody in the final but still our young team did well here. we have 3 in the bronze medal match later today. I hope for 2 medals.

Edited by MHSN

Just now, ChandlerMne said:

Slight OT, is Bashir Babajanzadeh still active?

No. he retired after a doping ban. our federation also won't let him wrestle anywhere even if he changes his mind. when you are banned for doping you have to pay something to the UWW as penalty (I don't know how much) and our federation has a rule that the wrestler himself has to pay that. he didn't though.

Just now, MHSN said:

No. he retired after a doping ban. our federation also won't let him wrestle anywhere even if he changes his mind. when you are banned for doping you have to pay something to the UWW as penalty (I don't know how much) and our federation has a rule that the wrestler himself has to pay that. he didn't though.

Wow, i didnt know that he was banned. :facepalm:

I was sure that Iranian wrestlers dont use prohibited substances.