website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2019

Totallympics

Just now, EselTheDonkey said:

I really don't understand Wrestling rules at all. Why was Mohamed still winning at 5:5, if Staebler was the last one to score? Sorry for the probably dumb Questions.

the last score is not the first tie breaker. Mohamed had a 4 pointer that would gave him the advantage.

1) bigger points . 4+1 >> 2+2+1

2) cautions (not passivity cautions)

3) last score

:thumbdown: I hate matches like this. nobody scored. but I think at least Beleniuk was better and deserved it more. Lorincz got lucky once to win the semifinal by cautions. it was his turn to lose.

I wonder what's the best solution for matches like this ?! before 2004 we had no tie breaker like this. 3 minutes of extra time and if the score was still tied. the one with less passivity caution was the winner. in case of a tie in cautions, the refs had to decide who was more "active" throughout the match.

Edited by MHSN

booooooo :thumbdown:

I was waiting for this battle of giants. I don't think Aleksanyan was really injured. he was just afraid of losing to Evloev again.

Evloev is the best wrestler in this weight right now, he could win the gold anyway but here he won it by almost doing nothing. the only decent opponent he had was Kajaia. the rest was too easy for him (to be honest even Kajaia was piece of cake for him)

On 15/09/2019 at 00:46, MHSN said:

67: :RUS:SRB:KAZ:POL:GER:TUR

87: :UKR:BLR:AZE:HUN:KGZ:TUR

97: :RUS:SRB:UZB:GEO:ARM:TUR

now let's take a look at my early predictions about the Olympic quotas.

I got 3 correctly from 67, :RUS:SRB:GER

4 from 87, :UKR:BLR:HUN:KGZ

and 5 from 97, :RUS:SRB:GEO:ARM:TUR

12 out of 18. not that bad :d

from what I see I already got 8 correctly from these 3 weights after the semifinals. will know the exact number tomorrow after the repechage. even though we some huge surprised at 77kg nobody could predicted them.

Just now, thepharoah said:

i see some double and triple entries from the same country in women's weight categories , is this just false entries or it's allowed here in this WCH ? 

no it's not. but they can register more than 1 wrestlers just in case they want to have a last minute change, but when it comes to the draw. only one of them will be allowed.

Men's Greco-Roman Wrestling, Day #3 Medallists

-67kg
Gold: :CUB Ismael Borrero Molina
Silver: :RUS Artem Surkov
Bronze: :SRB Mate Nemes & :GER Frank Staebler

-87kg
Gold: :UKR Zhan Beleniuk
Silver: :HUN Viktor Lorincz
Bronze: :UZB Rustam Assakalov & :GER Denis Maksymilian Kudla

-97kg
Gold: :RUS Musa Evloev
Silver: :ARM Artur Aleksanyan