website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2019

Totallympics

Just now, MHSN said:

he is in his best shape today. I have to admit that. but still he needs lots of helps from the refs. that's the question only referees can answer

btw I just finished watching the match, this is the new dimension of "cheating" that gut wrench clearly and obviously happened after the whistle. that was unbelievable.

ref that whistles never gives opinion? :D

30 minutes ago, MHSN said:

he is in his best shape today. I have to admit that. but still he needs lots of helps from the refs. that's the question only referees can answer

btw I just finished watching the match, this is the new dimension of "cheating" that gut wrench clearly and obviously happened after the whistle. that was unbelievable.

yeah, I called it doubtful only because I couldn't hear the whistle, but the body language of both wrestlers suggested that it was blown well before the gut wrench happened...

of course the judges didn't think that and gave up the winning points to the Kazakh guy...

by the way, going further...Fumita looked definitely better in the semifinal match than in the previous rounds...maybe he's just the kind of "speculative" wrestler opposed to the spectacular and "entertaining" Ota...

p.s. as I predicted, Bjurberg Kessidis made the final...:p

good for Geraei (who are not going to have an easy repechage pathway in any case, as he would probably end up wrestling :MDA Cataraga, who's always a dangerous opponent...

p.p.s. and Heiki Nabi got lucky once again...Pino Hinds made the final and saved the Estonian's chances, sending him to the repechage round (where probably he'll be the opponent of Ghasemi-Monjezi in the bronze medal match)...

well no final for Iran in Greco-Roman. I'm not surprised Geraei was our only realistic chance for the gold but he lost to himself. at least the Swedish guy did him a favor and put him back for the repechage.

I didn't expect Nejati and Monjazi to go this far but both of them had their chances in the semifinal .Nejati is very good in standing position, he almost had a takedown in the second period which could win the match for him. but then in par-terre he was terrible and Fumita finished it 9-1.

Monjazi was also close to upset the Cuban. he just lost his balance on his own attack and then he had to attack so the Cuban scored few more. even though he was deadly tired. if it wasn't for that mistake, Monjazi could beat him later by a pushout or something.

Men's Greco-Roman Wrestling, Day #4 Finals

-60kg
Gold Medal match: :JPN Kenichiro Fumita vs :RUS Sergey Emelin
Bronze Medal match #1: :KAZ Mirambek Ainagulov vs :UKR Lenur Temirov / :HUN Erik Torba / :ROU Razvan Arnaut
Bronze Medal match #2: :IRI Ali Reza Nejati vs :MDA Victor Ciobanu / :ECU Andres Roberto Montano Arroyo / :UZB Elmurat Tasmuradov

-77kg
Gold Medal match: :HUN Tamas Lorincz vs :SWE Alex Michel Bjurberg Kessidis
Bronze Medal match #1: :ARM Karapet Chalyan vs :IRI Mohammad Geraei / :POL Edgar Babayan / :MDA Daniel Cataraga
Bronze Medal match #2: :KAZ Ashkat Dilmukhamedov vs :LTU Paulius Galkinas / :UKR Volodymyr Yakovliev / :UZB Jalgasbay Berdimuratov

-130kg
Gold Medal match: :TUR Riza Kayaalp vs :CUB Oscar Pino Hinds
Bronze Medal match #1: :IRI Amir Ghasemi-Monjezi vs :KGZ Murat Ramonov / :EST Heiki Nabi / :IND Naveen
Bronze Medal match #2: :GER Eduard Popp vs :GEO Iakobi Kajaia / :CHN Meng Lingzhe / :CHI Yasmani Acosta Fernandez

Just now, phelps said:

yeah, I called it doubtful only because I couldn't hear the whistle, but the body language of both wrestlers suggested that it was blown well before the gut wrench happened...

of course the judges didn't think that and gave up the winning points to the Kazakh guy...

by the way, going further...Fumita looked definitely better in the semifinal match than in the previous rounds...maybe he's just the kind of "speculative" wrestler opposed to the spectacular and "entertaining" Ota...

p.s. as I predicted, Bjurberg Kessidis made the final...:p

good for Geraei (who are not going to have an easy repechage pathway in any case, as he would probably end up wrestling :MDA Cataraga, who's always a dangerous opponent...

p.p.s. and Heiki Nabi got lucky once again...Pino Hinds made the final and saved the Estonian's chances, sending him to the repechage round (where probably he'll be the opponent of Ghasemi-Monjezi in the bronze medal match)...

It was well after the whistle. if you watch it carefully the center ref raised his hands and then blew the whistle. I can't believe how they still gave 2pts to the Kazakh. I saw so many different ways of cheating but this one was new to me !

Nabi somehow tasted his own medicine , if I'm not wrong he lost to Pino by a late caution. the 3rd caution is always a "dubious call" . but then he got lucky because Pino almost got pinned by the Kyrgyz wrestler. he just survived that to beat him later. and Monjazi was a bit smarter he could beat Pino, he just didn't expect Pino to run out of gas in last 2 minutes so he took an early risk and gave up points. I'm sure Monjazi-Nabi will be battle of cautions. unless Monjazi took some risks again. because Heiki won't do shit.

interesting thing. both Lorincz brothers made it to the final in Kudla-style. 1-1 winning the semifinal only because of the last caution. I really hate wining or losing like this. this is pure luck.

Just now, thepharoah said:

really devastating loss for Mohamed Ibrahim , @MHSN DIDN'T HE DESERVE ANOTHER 2 POINTS after that 4 point throw ? 

I'm not sure about this one (I will check it later to give you an accurate answer) but that 5-1 to 5-5 call was terrible and unbelievable. I understand why your coaches didn't challenge that. Mohamed was still winning 5-5. this wasn't even a dubious call. pure BS

let me tell you what the Iranian commentator said after the match

Germany has Antonio Silvestri (UWW refereeing commission president) in UWW but Egypt got nobody.

Kudla  vs Taheri (Iran) ; nothing is happening, first caution for Kudla. second caution for Iran. 1-1 and no third caution despite the fact our wrestler tried everything

Kudla vs Belarus : nothing is happening, first caution for Belarus, second for Kudla. 1-1 in favor of BLR but then they gave a 3rd caution, Kudla won it 2-1 while he did absolutely NOTHING

this guy Kudla is winning medals only this way. wrestlers like him and Nabi is the reason why wrestling (specially Greco-Roman) is not that interesting for the TV viewers. that's why I hate him.  I understand there are matches nobody can score. and someone has to win. but why this is always Kudla who won these kind of matches ? and since Kudla almost never scores , most of his matches finish like this.

I really don't understand Wrestling rules at all. Why was Mohamed still winning at 5:5, if Stäbler was the last one to score? Sorry for the probably dumb Questions.

By the way, Stäbler was once at the German version of celebrity Big Brother, and IMO he was completely unlikeable. But I still take the Bronze medals from him and Kudla. :p

Edited by EselTheDonkey