website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2019

Totallympics

On 09/09/2019 at 23:50, phelps said:

I can see these names on the UWW list:

- Georgi Valentinov Vangelov (57kg)

- Mihail Iliev Georgiev (65kg)

- Ali Pasha Ruslanovich Umarpashaev (70kg)

- Miroslav Stefanov Kirov (74kg)

- Svetoslav Zhivkov Dimitrov (86kg)

the full list can be found here (the document linked at the bottom of the article):

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/article/wrestling-releases-entry-lists-2019-world-championships

You are right, these are our freestylers with the exception of Georgi Vangelov, who broke his hand in the last training camp. Without him i don't see any chance for a quota from the other guys. Sad to see what has become of out freestyle division...

34 minutes ago, bestmen said:

:ALG with 7 wrestlers , i guess they will put them vs the Number 1 in the first round like usual :mad:

But with repechage that may not be the worst of fates 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

6 hours ago, phelps said:

@MHSN we are waiting for your commentary...:d

I assume people here are less interested in non-Olympic weights. but

the top half is more like a joke, I think Azizli is already in the final, probably only the Kazakh wrestler can make problems for him. everybody in top half has a chance for bronze. bottom half is different, I see Kabaloev and Tsurtsumia as the favorites here, but we also have Asian Champion from UZB plus good wrestlers from TUR, JPN and ARM. I also want to give some small chances to our representative. last year World Junior champion but if he wants a medal he has to do something special.

Maryanyan is the clear favorite from the top half, but if you check the list, all other 7 wrestlers are more or less in the same level. it will be a very interesting battle for the bronze. Maryanyan's first opponent is Delkhani from Iran ! I don't think there is a chance for him. he better start thinking about the bronze. we have 3-4 favorites in the bottom half, Ota, Bilici, Kebispayev and the Chinese guy. I have a feeling Kebispayev will find his way into the final. he will have the home crowd and UWW referees on his side.

again the top half is a joke, I think Mnatsakanian will steal another world medal. this guy is the new Heiki Nabi ! this is the 3rd tournament in a row with dream draw for him. :d there are couple of better wrestlers in that side to surprise him. once again the Kazakhstani wrestler in the easier side. I think everybody in top half except PLW and TPE will have a chance for medal. but we have all the favorites in the bottom half. specially Mantsigov and Korpasi. before the competition I would consider our youngster Kavianinejad as a medal favorite. even a gold medal favorite, but he has an uphill task ahead of him. but I think he can at least make it to the semifinal.

this one is a bit more balanced, still the bottom half is harder. in top half I see Kus, Gobadze and the current Euro Champion Bisultanov as the favorites. but in the bottom half, the first quarter is really tough with our Abdevali, Manukyan and the Russian guy (you also can add Pascal Eisele to the list). I think whoever comes from that quarter will win the semis as well.

India greco hopes are very modest deservedly.......  Last time we won 1 bout.    This time our Asian championship was good so may be win a few bouts and for one wrestler to reach QF 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Will there be a live stream available?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!