website statistics

Sport Climbing IFSC World Championships 2019

phelps

Just now, phelps said:

to me, they should forget about the yellow handle and try and stabilize their position on the first blue...then going "upwards"...

The problem with that move is that there’s nothing to really stabilize your position. That’s a pretty tough move for any climber.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

The problem with that move is that there’s nothing to really stabilize your position. That’s a pretty tough move for any climber.

sure, but I think they could have tried to go with 2 hands on the small blue handle...probably they would have had more chances with that move rather than with the improbable jumps they tried...

however, the 3rd route is also a bit weird at the start, but I think it's a lot more playable than the previous one (well, maybe not "a lot", but still)...let's see if somebody other than Janja can make it to the top...

Edited by phelps

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

This is stupid, really. The starting position too was quite hard...

It’s challenging, but not too hard. Getting in that position actually seems to be quite helpful when going for those two tiny holds.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela