website statistics

Sport Climbing IFSC World Championships 2019

phelps

Again. Noguchi is climbing and only Garnbret to come after her, and the commentator literally says 'not much has been decided yet'...even though - unless I'm badly mistaken - most of the finalists are already decided..there's just one spot left to fill, the rest has all been decided.

They really desperately need to come up with a graphics system for the Olympics that shows exactly what's going on, because this way people are going to skip the whole sport during the Olympics. One of the most important things for a sport is how easy it is to follow along.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, phelps said:

I'm not sure they can even organize a continental championship in Africa, as they never show up at any competition (apart from a couple of South African among the juniors, but we all know how strict are RSA with their own qualifying criteria, so I think that there's no chance for them to get an Olympic spot)...

that's why I wrote about match criteria (the main one, organizing a Continental Champs and not rejecting the quota when they get it)...

ok thanks.

A couple of other things:

- there are 8 finalists in combined from now on, so Miroslaw and Nonaka are in final;

- for the OQT the participants will be the top 20 not yet qualified of the World Cup Ranking, not WCH. Still no idea about the limit per NOC.

Another question: why does Miroslaw have 390 points for 1st, 19th and 20th, which would add up to 380 points? The other discipline winners, Coxsey and Mori, don't have this kind of issue.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

In the world Olympic maximum 2 by country . My question is  ¿ What the countries that rank 1 in the world, climber may participate with 1 or 2 climbers in the world Olympic qualification?

According to regulations on page 7 https://ifsc-egw.wavecdn.net/Editors/2019/i19_W2.pdf  It is clear that those who do not yet have any plaza may participate with 2 and understand with doubts that those who already have 1 plaza can only compete with climber 1

Just now, heywoodu said:

Another question: why does Miroslaw have 390 points for 1st, 19th and 20th, which would add up to 380 points? The other discipline winners, Coxsey and Mori, don't have this kind of issue.

She was tied with someone else I guess. I haven't watch it yet. A tied 19th place gives 19.5. 1*19,5*20 = 390

Just now, wumo26 said:

She was tied with someone else I guess. I haven't watch it yet. A tied 19th place gives 19.5. 1*19,5*20 = 390

Ah right, that might explain it indeed :d 

In the Olympic qualifier November ¿ how many climbers will be able to provide the countries that rank 1 climber in the world championship?

According to regulations on page 7 https://ifsc-egw.wavecdn.net/Editors/2019/i19_W2.pdf  It is clear that those who do not yet have any plaza may participate with 2 and understand with doubts that those who already have 1 plaza can only compete with climber 1

5 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

ok thanks.

A couple of other things:

- there are 8 finalists in combined from now on, so Miroslaw and Nonaka are in final;

- for the OQT the participants will be the top 20 not yet qualified of the World Cup Ranking, not WCH. Still no idea about the limit per NOC.

thanks, fixed all this points in my previous posts...

p.s. I also think that both Japanese spots will be decided only after the final, so we're going to have a double fight for them on Tuesday...the world title itself and the quota places...

If Nonaka finishes behind any combination of Noguchi/Mori/Ito in the final, is she already out of the final? Or could Japan still choose her? It'd be so terribly sad if she misses out because she can not possibly perform anywhere near 100% this month :( 

35 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

If Nonaka finishes behind any combination of Noguchi/Mori/Ito in the final, is she already out of the final? Or could Japan still choose her? It'd be so terribly sad if she misses out because she can not possibly perform anywhere near 100% this month :( 

the Olympic Qualification is by name, so I guess she has to be 1 of the top 2 Japanese girls on Tuesday if she wants to play her part also in 12 months time...