website statistics

Sport Climbing IFSC World Championships 2019

phelps

Just now, dcro said:

I really don't get this speed thing. It's like 6 seconds of effort, WTF?

I guess it's made for the urban audience with short attention span. :p

They could make it longer but the higher the wall has to be, the fewer venues can host it :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, dcro said:

I really don't get this speed thing. It's like 6 seconds of effort, WTF?

I guess it's made for the urban audience with short attention span. :p

no, it's 1 of the 2 historical disciplines of the Sport Climbing...it's there from the beginning of the modern era of sport climbing (1991)...

Boulder is the necomer in this world (first world champs for that was in 2001)...

and this combined event is just a stupid ioc farce, it has nothing to do with the nature of the sport...:finger::facepalm::wall:

p.s. for those who don't know yet, the wall of the speed discipline, is a standard wall, exactly with the same lenght (15 meters now, until a few years ago it was 10 meters only) and handles position...so to have an official world record...like in swimming, athletics or any other sport based on time keeping over a standard "track"...

Edited by phelps

Wow, unbelievable. People are fighting for their lives to even get to zones and Narasaki flashes the damn things or has enough with two attempts :lol: 

Top-3 on lead will 100% be enough for Tomoa, but since Khaibullin winning lead seems.....pretty unlikely, to say the least, top-4 is normally more than enough as well.

Standings with lead to go (Megos is yellow - meaning finished - because sadly he had to withdraw with a finger injury after one boulder :( ):

tXL77gI.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The lead in combined is so much better than the actual lead competition in terms of how ties are broken: simply based on the time in the final instead of results of previous rounds. So. Much. Better.

Just now, dcro said:

"There is no secret potion for endurance." :lol:

Good one.

I'd like to suggest the following video to the commentator: