website statistics

Sport Climbing IFSC World Championships 2019

phelps

Women's Olympic Combined

Climbers qualified to the Final (and getting the Olympic Quota Place, except for Japan, whose 2 Quota Places will be decided in the Final itself)

1st, :GBR Shauna Coxsey
2nd, :JPN Akiyo Noguchi
3rd, :SLO Janja Garnbret
4th, :SUI Petra Klinger
5th, :JPN Ai Mori
6th, :JPN Futaba Ito

7th, :POL Aleksandra Miroslaw

8th, :JPN Miho Nonaka

Olympic Quota also for:

9th, :USA Brooke Raboutou
10th, :AUT Jessica Pilz

Possible Olympic Quota late addiction (if Africa won't be able to fill their Continental Quota):

11th, :FRA Anouck Jaubert

Full Qualifications Results

https://www.ifsc-climbing.org/index.php/world-competition/calendar#!comp=8633&cat=42&route=-1

Edited by phelps

Just now, phelps said:

Possible Olympic Quota late addiction (if Africa can't match qualifying criteria at their Continental Championships in 2020):

11th, :FRA Anouck Jaubert

I don't see any additional criteria for the Continental Champions...maybe you mean if the Tripartite Commission quota is not awarded (the requirement is WCH participation, so no one should be eligible)

Just now, Dunadan said:

I don't see any additional criteria for the Continental Champions...maybe you mean if the Tripartite Commission quota is not awarded (the requirement is WCH participation, so no one should be eligible)

I'm not sure they can even organize a continental championship in Africa, as they never show up at any competition (apart from a couple of South African among the juniors, but we all know how strict are RSA with their own qualifying criteria, so I think that there's no chance for them to get an Olympic spot)...

that's why I wrote about match criteria (the main one, organizing a Continental Champs and not rejecting the quota when they get it)...

I feel like the commentators are not paying a whole lot of attention to the overall standings...I'm watching the lead now and keeping track of all the positions while doing so. I've got three climbers to go, and this is the current standing (yellow = finished lead / the 1 for the three who didn't finish yet is because Excel of course if there's no number there, Excel makes the total be 0 too / ranking on the far right is the current lead ranking)

lsqyCUD.png

Now, Coxsey is on the wall and the commentator is talking about how 'a top half finish might be enough, or even top-12'. But even if she were to finish 20th, she'd have 280 points and so be assured of a top-6 finish in the overall, meaning she could (in theory) just step on the first hold, drop down and still qualify. Same for Garnbret.

Or am I missing something here and are Garnbret and Coxsey not yet 100% certain of qualifying in the current (in my example) situation?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!