website statistics

Athletics EAA Team European Championships 2019

Totallympics

Boglioglo might very well be the biggest cheater in european athletics since Tuka. Until 2017 her PB was 13.44 and then at age 23 and age 24 she suddenly improved by about 0.7 seconds. If she won't be caught very soon, then it is a clear sign that the system isn't working.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 10:32, Dennis said:

:GBR is not sending their best team at all, which makes this much more exciting.

On the men's side, the teams in the top 6 are of a fairly similar level. :GER will make the difference in the women's field events, I think, whereas :GBR has the worst team of the top 6 in these women's field events.

New predictions, now based on the actual entry lists:

1. :GER 
  2. :POL 
  3. :GBR 
  4. :FRA 
  5. :ITA 
  6. :ESP 

LARGE GAP

7. :SWE 
  8. :CZE 
  9. :UKR 
  10. :GRE 
  11. :FIN 
  12. :SUI 

I foresee an intense battle between :SWE :CZE and :UKR for that 7th spot.

Thoughts after day 1:

• Positives: :GRE. I didn't think they would be in the running for that 7th spot, but they are.

• Negatives: :SUI. By far the worst performance. In the women's 100m they had the best SB out of the entire field, but finished last. On the men's side, they finished 10th in all track events, apart from the 400m hurdles. Missing out on the 100m, 400m and 110m hurdles final on the men's side all surprised me too.

• Podium: :GER still the favorite for me. :POL got a little closer though. :GBR is an obvious #3 for now.

• Relegation: :FIN and :SUI are the obvious bottom 2 for now. I would now say :CZE 7th, :GRE 8th, :SWE 9th and :UKR 10th. But :GRE surprised me especially in the woman's discus throw and 200m. If they keep this up, they might avoid relegation after all.

9 hours ago, Dennis said:

Thoughts after day 1:

• Positives: :GRE. I didn't think they would be in the running for that 7th spot, but they are.

• Negatives: :SUI. By far the worst performance. In the women's 100m they had the best SB out of the entire field, but finished last. On the men's side, they finished 10th in all track events, apart from the 400m hurdles. Missing out on the 100m, 400m and 110m hurdles final on the men's side all surprised me too.

• Podium: :GER still the favorite for me. :POL got a little closer though. :GBR is an obvious #3 for now.

• Relegation: :FIN and :SUI are the obvious bottom 2 for now. I would now say :CZE 7th, :GRE 8th, :SWE 9th and :UKR 10th. But :GRE surprised me especially in the woman's discus throw and 200m. If they keep this up, they might avoid relegation after all.

I think Poland will win this, Germany is just missing too many of their top athletes (the best german athletes in women's 100/200/400/1500/3000/5000 m, women's 400 m hurdles, women's high jump, women's javelin/discus throw, men's 400 m, men's 400 m hurdles, men's 3000 m SC, men's triple/long jump, men's pole vault and men's javelin throw won't compete)

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

I think Poland will win this, Germany is just missing too many of their top athletes (the best german athletes in women's 100/200/400/1500/3000/5000 m, women's 400 m hurdles, women's high jump, women's javelin/discus throw, men's 400 m, men's 400 m hurdles, men's 3000 m SC, men's triple/long jump, men's pole vault and men's javelin throw won't compete)

We will have to want and see. Despite not being your best javelin thrower, Weber did manage to win the men’s javelin throw yesterday by quite a margin. 

1 hour ago, Dennis said:

We will have to want and see. Despite not being your best javelin thrower, Weber did manage to win the men’s javelin throw yesterday by quite a margin. 

I think all of his throws would have been good enough for the victory ... quite a low level overall. I still feel sorry for him considering that he wasn't nominated for the world championships despite currently being number 8 in the world and Germany being allowed to nominate 4 athletes (Röhler, Vetter, Seifert and Hofmann) for Doha.