website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

7 hours ago, hckosice said:

I like them :)

I like them to, but it’s going to be hard to top Minsk 2019’s uniforms. Theirs were awesome.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 09/07/2019 at 18:25, bmo said:

It would be great to have the olympics in your hometown.  I’m afraid Detroit will never be financially stable to host such a big event.  They were one vote away from the 68 games though.  That is our olympic history.

Your Olympic history is much better than Denver’s or Wrightwood’s at least

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Alright so great day for Olympian. There was a secret Olympic drop in the US and I managed to get some deals. @dcro I’m super excited to say that’ll be at the Cross Country portion of the Eventing event now (I’ll probably give away one of my Dressage sessions now too). I also managed to pick up a Rugby Sevens Women’s preliminary session, so I’ll be there to support our War Eagles.

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

I wish canoe slalom courses were this exciting. :p

image.png

Well the 2015 Pan Am course was at least not man made...

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well the 2015 Pan Am course was at least not man made...

last (only) time it happened at the Olympics was in 1996, when they held the slalom canoeing events on the Ocoe River (in Tennessee, not even close to Atlanta)...

all the other Olympic races were held on artificial courses...

if only Rome could bid for the 2024 Olympics, the slalom course would have been on a natural river...but unfortunately (or luckily, it depends on the point of view) it didn't go that way...

6 minutes ago, phelps said:

last (only) time it happened at the Olympics was in 1996, when they held the slalom canoeing events on the Ocoe River (in Tennessee, not even close to Atlanta)...

all the other Olympic races were held on artificial courses...

if only Rome could bid for the 2024 Olympics, the slalom course would have been on a natural river...but unfortunately (or luckily, it depends on the point of view) it didn't go that way...

Well at least Barcelona didn’t have all that ugly, expensive concrete. They just made a separate path from the larger river (like some of the World Cup venues).

Edited by Olympian1010