website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

Nope, they will use an awful format.

71cff73a-ccfd-440e-b04d-91625b6c3604.jpg

I actually think this format is perfect

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minuti fa, Olympian1010 ha scritto:

I’m sorry but I find this incredibly sexist and wrong. Woman are “not interested” Sport because those in charge of culture and sports (the all boys club) have not given them opportunities.

no, here in Europe it's not like that...

it's not a question of being sexist...it's really like @dcro wrote...

most girls here are not really interested in sports (especially some not so popular disciplines not seen as "female oriented"), even when they're given the same exact opportunities as the boys...

30 minutes ago, phelps said:

no, here in Europe it's not like that...

it's not a question of being sexist...it's really like @dcro wrote...

most girls here are not really interested in sports (especially some not so popular disciplines not seen as "female oriented"), even when they're given the same exact opportunities as the boys...

Right, but it still stands that most culture discourages women from participating in sports. There is also a lack of money and funding for women’s sports because of sexist beliefs. How are women supposed to be motivated, if men do not support them and only discourage them.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 ore fa, hckosice ha scritto:

Cool, the canoe slalom races from 5:00 to 7:50 AM our time and 50km Race Walk from 21:00 to 01:30 our time :thumbup:

:mumble::crazy:

for what I see, the men's 50km race walk starts at 6 a.m. Tokyo time, which means 11 p.m. of the previous day here in Central Europe (and not 9 p.m. CET)...:evil:

and also the Slalom Canoeing races start at 6 a.m. (qualifications) and 7 a.m. (semis & finals) CET...

in Summer, Tokyo time is UTC+9, which means CET+7...:evil:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/japan/tokyo

p.s. I guess the schedule has been compiled by the same genious that made the Pyeongchang one...almost all the finals are locked in the 6 to 10 p.m. local time (and a few in the morning and in the 2 - 4 p.m. slots)...:facepalm::wall:

Edited by phelps

1 minute ago, phelps said:

:mumble::crazy:

for what I see, the men's 50km race walk starts at 6 a.m. Tokyo time, which means 11 p.m. of the previous day here in Central Europe (and not 9 p.m. CET)...:evil:

and also the Slalom Canoeing races start at 6 a.m. (qualifications) and 7 a.m. (semis & finals) CET...

in Summer, Tokyo time is UTC+9, which means CET+7...:evil:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/japan/tokyo

p.s. I guess the schedule has been compiled by the same genious that made the Pyeongchang one...almost all the finals are locked in the 6 to 10 p.m. local time (and a few in the morning and in the 2 - 4 p.m. slots)...:facepalm::wall:

Right it´s +7 not +9.

never been brilliant in maths.. :p

2 hours ago, phelps said:

It will probably favour the american viewers? Which of course is good for brazilians that share the same time zone :d (in Pyeongchang I slept most of the days because nothing was happening at dawn, except maybe some Cross Country and Curling).

19 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

It will probably favour the american viewers? Which of course is good for brazilians that share the same time zone :d (in Pyeongchang I slept most of the days because nothing was happening at dawn, except maybe some Cross Country and Curling).

Murica!

10 hours ago, vinipereira said:

It will probably favour the american viewers? Which of course is good for brazilians that share the same time zone :d 

It probably favours the American viewers who are not general sports fans, but only want to see a few medals being decided. If you're a fan of Olympics/general sports, no matter the timezone it just sucks when there's hours and hours without finals, and then a boatload of finals crammed in 2-3 hours so you can't see them all, even though there would have been plenty of time to schedule it in such a way that you could actually see them all.

Like in Pyeongchang: almost every day there was a time when for several hours almost nothing happened, and then all of a sudden 4-5 finals happened in the same moment, so even with a lot of available time it was impossible to watch everything live.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

By the way, since I'm kind of a noob on reading schedules, the main question for me is: what's the average time on which the day of sports starts and ends?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!