website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

Just now, heywoodu said:

While we're listening these ancient skeletons talk, let's have a little poll :d 

Which sports do you think will be added to Tokyo 2020? 

I think they will say YES to all 5...

personally, as I wrote in the past, I'd say YES only to sport climbing (but not under those rules...only if they put the Lead and Speed special disciplines as Olympic events), Baseball/Softball (but only if they have a 12-team tournament with all the MLB, KOR and JPN leagues' stars) and Karate (but only with the full 5+5 weight classes of Kumite and with a decent - definitely not less than 16 per weight - number of competitors, without that boring farce named Kata)...

1 minute ago, phelps said:

I think they will say YES to all 5...

personally, as I wrote in the past, I'd say YES only to sport climbing (but not under those rules...only if they put the Lead and Speed special disciplines as Olympic events), Baseball/Softball (but only if they have a 12-team tournament with all the MLB, KOR and JPN leagues' stars) and Karate (but only with the full 5+5 weight classes of Kumite and with a decent - definitely not less than 16 per weight - number of competitors, without that boring farce named Kata)...

and what they plan for karate then? :d

3 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

and what they plan for karate then? :d

just look at page 2 of this same thread...

they aim at 3+3 classes with just 10 athletes per class for Kumite and the same amount of players for Kata (which only has 1 male and 1 female class, at least)...

with so few competitions, all medals would go to the sport powerhouses (FRA and JPN above all) and the smaller Nation (which could have a shot if there would be enough chances) will be left without any possibility event to qualify...

Edited by phelps