website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

26 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It probably favours the American viewers who are not general sports fans, but only want to see a few medals being decided. If you're a fan of Olympics/general sports, no matter the timezone it just sucks when there's hours and hours without finals, and then a boatload of finals crammed in 2-3 hours so you can't see them all, even though there would have been plenty of time to schedule it in such a way that you could actually see them all.

Maybe, but there are sports fans who do work during Olympics time and don't have the luxury of staying up all night to watch the events (like me :bye:). I'm not saying it's a good thing, but I see why they did the schedule that way.

Of course I will request some vacation time during Tokyo just to watch everything :d

vor 32 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

By the way, since I'm kind of a noob on reading schedules, the main question for me is: what's the average time on which the day of sports starts and ends?

For our timezone it's from 2:00 am to about 5:00 pm.

During 50km race Walking it already starts at 11:pm (the previous day). During the other race walking events and the Marathons it starts at midnight.

Edited by EselTheDonkey

always on the Tokyo Olympics...

according to the latest rumors reported by the Italian press, FINA has stated that they do not have anything against the Swimming (semis and) Finals being held in the morning, like it happened in Beijing in 2008...

the official announcement won't be made until September (at least), but it's basically sure that, with the green lights given by the Aquatics World Federation, the Japanese organizers will make the greedy and powerful NBC happy and we're going to relive the (awful) Beijing experience...:cry::facepalm::wall:

51 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

So we won't know anything until the Tokyo EB meeting sheduled for November 30th-December 2nd :facepalm:

11 hours ago, phelps said:

always on the Tokyo Olympics...

according to the latest rumors reported by the Italian press, FINA has stated that they do not have anything against the Swimming (semis and) Finals being held in the morning, like it happened in Beijing in 2008...

the official announcement won't be made until September (at least), but it's basically sure that, with the green lights given by the Aquatics World Federation, the Japanese organizers will make the greedy and powerful NBC happy and we're going to relive the (awful) Beijing experience...:cry::facepalm::wall:

Hey i enjoyed it being at 8PM :) off course i'm a minority, but still it's gonna be awesome

56 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

*GMT+7 grabs popcorn and watches the thread*

Popcorn for what? Having the Olympics mostly in the night is awesome :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!