website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

Am 26.1.2017 um 10:34 schrieb phelps:

and in Germany (where public broadcasters ARD/ZDF definitively called themselves out from the competition) they already announced their program for Pyeongchang 2018...

in GER they will show the 2018 games on 2 of their FTA channels + the 2 Eurosport paid channels + the Eusp360 service...which is always a perfect coverage, but it's still a mostly paid offer...and many fans don't like that...

That's from a very old post and since ARD and ZDF will broadcast anyway, it doesn't really matter. But Eurosport 1 is no pay TV in Germany. It's free TV, here.

17 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

That's from a very old post and since ARD and ZDF will broadcast anyway, it doesn't really matter. But Eurosport 1 is no pay TV in Germany. It's free TV, here.

yes, I know the most recent development in the German saga about the OG on Tv...;)

• 5 weeks later...

I might be a little late to the party, but have you guys seen that maybe Equestrian will have Teams with athletes from different nations in 2020? From what I understood, athletes from nations that haven't qualified a full team will have a chance to take part in the team events, being part of mixed-NOCs groups.

The information was "confirmed" by a FEI member (Luiz Roberto Giugni, former president of the brazilian federation), who says this will definitely happen in 2020. Article (in portuguese).

13 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

I might be a little late to the party, but have you guys seen that maybe Equestrian will have Teams with athletes from different nations in 2020? From what I understood, athletes from nations that haven't qualified a full team will have a chance to take part in the team events, being part of mixed-NOCs groups.

The information was "confirmed" by a FEI member (Luiz Roberto Giugni, former president of the brazilian federation), who says this will definitely happen in 2020. Article (in portuguese).

Im complety against this in a senior event, in a youth not because are diferent the objectives.

37 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Well, that's in contradiction with the proposed qualification systems. Systems for all 3 disciplines say that maximum number of teams (NOCs) is the total number of quota places on offer on various qualification events.

Maybe that was just a proposal from one or two federation? I know that NFs had opportunity to revert on FEI proposals (deadline was couple of days ago).

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

52 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

It will be the death of the Olympic Games :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

It will be the death of the Olympic Games :facepalm:

No, it won't :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

No, it won't :p 

Even tons of Mixed Team Relays and eSports at the Olympics are better in my mindset than mixed NOC events. When I look at the medal table, I want to see countries' flags and not a white flag with Olympic rings or "ANA".

So I disapprove of that idea even though Equestrian is the Olympic sport I care about least to begin with. :p

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

6 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Sure :p Mixed nations events are the wrost idea that the IOC have ever had...

Nope. Adding way too many mixed team events in every sport imaginable (and in doing so, 'deleting' good individual events or good single-gender events) is closer to being the worst idea the IOC ever had, much worse than an event in which unqualified nations could theoretically form a few teams.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!