website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

8 hours ago, Dolby said:

Did you know he is also an Olympic champion :p

I think I would be better IOC President than Bach. Maybe I'm not an Olympic Champion, not even an Olympian, but at least I didn't put breakdance into the Olympic programme.

IOC and 32 international sports federations held a teleconference on Thursday.

Sources have told AFP that athletes who had already qualified for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics before they were postponed will keep their places when the Games take place in 2021. 

https://www.afp.com/en/news/3955/athletes-qualified-tokyo-2020-will-keep-2021-spots-doc-1q77qg2

Edited by Wumo

Good to know, although it is not a surprise they kept the allocated quotas & the only right decision. IOC and IFs already have too much on their plate right now so they even can't afford a possible fight with already qualified athletes

And I wonder what happens to those who had their quotas removed because they had to deal with chaeting judges because they failed to meet the minimum requirements?

But they are Brazilian and South African dressage teams, so nobody cares. :p

#banbestmen

Tokyo mayor submitted an application to Tokyo Olympic Committee to make use of the Olympic Village to be a temporary hospital for mild symptom coronavirus patients and quarantine facilities for oversea passengers. Will this terrify the athletes?

Source in Chinese

http://sports.163.com/20/0327/11/F8NMHMDD00058782.html

15 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

It will most probably be May or June. 

Nope, they won't have it right before EURO 2020. It will be in July/August, basically the same schedule that we had for 2020, just one year later.