website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

1 minute ago, Vojthas said:

What about Dakar then? 2023?

They're scheduled for late October/early November.  Obviously it would be squeezing a lot onto the calendar with the Olympics, Paralympics, and Youth Olympics all in 1 year.  But hopefully it wouldn't need to be pushed back

4 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

What about Dakar then? 2023?

No, still 2022. No reason to move those.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I would totally be okay with 2022. That’d be an epic year. 2 Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games, and Asian Games. Plus, I’ve never lived in a time where both Olympics have taken place in a single year, so that’d be really special for me. I also think it gives the world ample time to cover recover from corona, and for the global economy to pick back up. For a business standpoint, this would be a great decision.

OCA have been trying to have Asian Games in the year before Olympics for some time but it never materialised. If Olympics are held in 2022, I think there is good chance Asian Games will be postponed to 2023. 

4 minutes ago, Dolby said:

OCA have been trying to have Asian Games in the year before Olympics for some time but it never materialised. If Olympics are held in 2022, I think there is good chance Asian Games will be postponed to 2023. 

Hangzhou already object and protest the postponement of the Olympics to 2022. It will cause a series of chaos.

No idea where you got this 2022 thing.

"The IOC remains fully committed to the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, and with more than four months to go before the Games there is no need for any drastic decisions at this stage; and any speculation at this moment would be counter-productive."

https://www.olympic.org/news/communique-from-the-international-olympic-committee-ioc-regarding-the-olympic-games-tokyo-2020

#banbestmen

10 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Which would be cool too, since we’d have all the five continental games in one year.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

17 minutes ago, dcro said:

No idea where you got this 2022 thing.

"The IOC remains fully committed to the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, and with more than four months to go before the Games there is no need for any drastic decisions at this stage; and any speculation at this moment would be counter-productive."

https://www.olympic.org/news/communique-from-the-international-olympic-committee-ioc-regarding-the-olympic-games-tokyo-2020

Only some personal thought by a few Japanese officials, but the effect 10000 times magnified by social platforms and media.

17 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I would totally be okay with 2022. That’d be an epic year. 2 Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games, and Asian Games. Plus, I’ve never lived in a time where both Olympics have taken place in a single year, so that’d be really special for me. I also think it gives the world ample time to cover recover from corona, and for the global economy to pick back up. For a business standpoint, this would be a great decision.

That's meaningless. Having so many events in 1 year won't help.Athletes will skip all smaller events to concentrate on Olympics.