website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

1 hour ago, Benolympique said:

'm looking for olympic qualification dates or tqo baseball places, fencing dates, 2020 global surfing games, tornois of asia africa table tennis, women's football dam beach volleyball places continental cups thanks

for fencing and baseball you can find everything in the dedicated threads of this forum (the fencing world cup dates are in their dedicated thread, of course)...

2 hours ago, bestmen said:

the Baseball venu in Fukushima 

there is 1 only ,they play all the matches in 

161374.jpg

259666-01-08--Read-Only-_16c56ec8687_med

don't worry...this venue wasn't built because of the Olympics (it was already there well before) and will be used a lot also after the Olympics (there are quite a few teams in the area...baseball is the Japanese National Team Sport)...

I don’t know the effect this will have on the boxing tournament, but people seem to be reacting to it positively

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

35 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

I think you wanted to post this link: https://games24.totallympics.com/?p=1103

Ah yes, of course. I definitely didn’t forget about my own website :facepalm:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I don’t know the effect this will have on the boxing tournament, but people seem to be reacting to it positively

So if boxer A has won the first two rounds easily, and knows he has, then he'll just defend in the last round and give away the round.knowing he'll still win...

5 minutes ago, Dragon said:

So if boxer A has won the first two rounds easily, and knows he has, then he'll just defend in the last round and give away the round.knowing he'll still win...

With so many Polish users on this forum - you're playing with fire, mate. Check the name Andrzej Rżany, maybe there is his story from Athens 2004 quarterfinals in English, I couldn't find any.

46 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I agree on the point and I'd rather let the people know the score only at the end of the bout (of course the head of the judging panel must know the score round by round and possibly have the cance to warn those not doing their job properly on the fly)...

but at the same time, if they keep the current aiba judging criteria, someone giving the impression to just refusing to fight can always lose a round 10-8 without even getting knocked down...and in this case the final score would be 28-28, with the decisive preference normally going to the boxer who had a fair behaviour on the ring...

as I wrote in the past, it's not about the rules, it's always about the people in charge of the operations...

p.s. I'm quite happy that they explicitly said that no judge and/or ref involved in the Rio Games will have anything to to with the Tokyo Boxing tournaments, qualifiers and actual Olympic showdown...

in a world that can't be perfect, it's still something that had to be done...and it's a good start (they should have been even more harsh and exclude at least also those who were involved in the worst episodes of London 2012 and all of those who were at the recent aiba world champs in Russia, especially those who had a role in the women's event)...