website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

Here come them tripartite and universality places. I can already see Bach making love to the Tongan flag in the new IOC House :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Apparently to combat heat, there are plans to move marathon and race walk events to Sapporo

https://www.olympic.org/news/international-olympic-committee-announces-plans-to-move-olympic-marathon-and-race-walking-to-sapporo

so, why not moving them directly to the Svalbard Islands? :whistle::pope:

3 hours ago, Griff88 said:

Apparently to combat heat, there are plans to move marathon and race walk events to Sapporo

https://www.olympic.org/news/international-olympic-committee-announces-plans-to-move-olympic-marathon-and-race-walking-to-sapporo

I believe starting times and even sessions have been changed for other events and sports as well. Anyone who already bought tickets to those events is furious.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Some one just pointed out that Sapporo will become the first city to host both the summer and Winter Olympics. This means that Beijing won’t get that title, and I’m completely okay with this now.

19 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Some one just pointed out that Sapporo will become the first city to host both the summer and Winter Olympics. This means that Beijing won’t get that title, and I’m completely okay with this now.

That would actually be Karuizawa, which hosted equestrian in 1964 and curling in 1998.

Just now, NearPup said:

That would actually be Karuizawa, which hosted equestrian in 1964 and curling in 1998.

That's interesting... Only Wikipedia seems to point out that the equestriam events were held in Karuizawa? Equestrian articles mainly suggest that the venue was Baji Koen, which will also play host in 2020.

#banbestmen