website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

after Pyeongchang's disaster, this Tokyo schedule is going to be by far the worst in the Olympic history among the "televised Games" (from 1960 on)...:facepalm::wall:

c'mon! not even in the world cup stages we have 2 shotgun shooting finals on the same day! :nopompom:

Just now, phelps said:

after Pyeongchang's disaster, this Tokyo schedule is going to be by far the worst in the Olympic history among the "televised Games" (from 1960 on)...:facepalm::wall:

c'mon! not even in the world cup stages we have 2 shotgun shooting finals on the same day! :nopompom:

Schedule will be fine for those of us attending :p. I can only realistically see like 2 events a day anyways. The compact schedule has worked out well for my group. We can a lot of what we wanted to see Handball, Equestrian, Basketball (3x3), Canoe, Weightlifting

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Schedule will be fine for those of us attending :p. I can only realistically see like 2 events a day anyways. The compact schedule has worked out well for my group. We can a lot of what we wanted to see Handball, Equestrian, Basketball (3x3), Canoe, Weightlifting

nice...

at least there's someone who can appreciate it...;)

Just now, phelps said:

I can't wait for the 3 hours of nothing (except for maybe a qualifying here and there) followed by 2 hours filled with 16 finals! I love not being able to watch most of the things :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I can't wait for the 3 hours of nothing (except for maybe a qualifying here and there) followed by 2 hours filled with 16 finals! I love not being able to watch most of the things :cheer: 

That’s the Totallympics Media live blog exists :yes

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

The president of :SVK NOC today officially send our aplication to the Tokyo Organizing committee via mail and by this officially confirmed our participation in the 2020 Summer Olympic Games :thumbup:

JSP_5754.JPG?itok=MNRRig4c

and look, look who was there, during the ceremony, and had a speech, no one else than Rory Sabbatini :d

JSP_5704.JPG?itok=82jz1QSN

also Takuya Haneda the most Slovakian of the Japanese :p

JSP_5614.JPG?itok=9uVCqCau

47 minutes ago, bestmen said:

this is the hall of Karate "  the Nippon Budokan "

p_13495ikaw1.jpg

Nippon_Budokan_2010.jpg

It will be the venue for Judo as well. I believe it’s generally been used mainly for national Sumo tournaments in the past.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

It will be the venue for Judo as well. I believe it’s generally been used mainly for national Sumo tournaments in the past.

Also the venue of the inaugural Olympic Judo tournament in 1964, which is what it was built for.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

it's the home of Japanese Martial Arts (especially, Judo and Karate)...

Sumo is not played there...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nippon_Budokan