website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

7 minutes ago, bestmen said:

and you didn't notice the flying hands of bear 

Nope, pretty sure you’re just high :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

Canoe Slalom venue in April 2019, pics from our canoe federations delegation members after the return from their newest inspections trip.

They managed to fullfil many of our plans and goals they set up before the trip. the most important being the acomodation for our canoe slalom team just some 9 minutes (by subway) from the venue

Spoiler

29042019205951_sn%C3%ADmka%20obrazovky%2

IMG_2213.jpg?1556564324968

IMG_2211.jpg?1556564341554

IMG_2210.jpg?1556564351277

IMG_2212.jpg?1556564386147

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Canoe Slalom venue in April 2019, pics from our canoe federations delegation members after the return from their newest inspections trip.

They managed to fullfil many of our plans and goals they set up before the trip. the most important being the acomodation for our canoe slalom team just some 9 minutes (by subway) from the venue

Hide contents

29042019205951_sn%C3%ADmka%20obrazovky%2

IMG_2213.jpg?1556564324968

IMG_2211.jpg?1556564341554

IMG_2210.jpg?1556564351277

IMG_2212.jpg?1556564386147

Can’t wait to see it in person (hopefully). Only about a year and a half away now.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

30 minutes ago, dcro said:

So yet another expensive venue instead of a natural river. I wonder if the hosts even have that choice nowadays.

LA doesn’t have any major rivers, so we’ll be building one too. (We also rarely have non-ocean water, so I don’t know where the water will come from)

2 hours ago, dcro said:

So yet another expensive venue instead of a natural river. I wonder if the hosts even have that choice nowadays.

the choice is there...the problem is that's not so easy to find a perfectly fit river for Slalom Canoeing within the urban area of Metropoles hosting the OG...

Rome, for instance, before withdrawing from the 2020 bid, had a natural river (in Fiano romano) as site for the slalom canoeing...but things went in a different way...:facepalm:

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

LA doesn’t have any major rivers, so we’ll be building one too. (We also rarely have non-ocean water, so I don’t know where the water will come from)

Sepulveda Basin Sport Complex

https://la.curbed.com/maps/olympics-map-los-angeles-2028-games-locations

p.s. I already hate with all of my heart the choice of USC's Dedeaux Field transformed in a temporary Swimming pool (outdoor)...:wall:

and I'm sure that IOC gave up on an already exixting rule on that, since, after Athens 2004, they said that swimming would be never hosted outdoor anymore...:facepalm:

8 minutes ago, phelps said:

the choice is there...the problem is that's not so easy to find a perfectly fit river for Slalom Canoeing within the urban area of Metropoles hosting the OG...

Rome, for instance, before withdrawing from the 2020 bid, had a natural river (in Fiano romano) as site for the slalom canoeing...but things went in a different way...:facepalm:

p.s. I already hate with all of my heart the choice of USC's Dedeaux Field transformed in a temporary Swimming pool (outdoor)...:wall:

and I'm sure that IOC gave up on an already exixting rule on that, since, after Athens 2004, they said that swimming would be never hosted outdoor anymore...:facepalm:

Well it’s the best cost-cutting option. I’ve been to the old Olympic pool by the way. It’s two 25m pools and a diving area now. Very little seats.

33 minutes ago, phelps said:

I honestly think it’s a pretty brillant use of space. I also don’t really a big problem with swimming being held outdoors tbh.